Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New York Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/)
-   -   NY act next step---REGISTRATION (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/ny-act-next-step-registration-88118/)

jjfuller1 04-04-2013 12:32 AM

NY act next step---REGISTRATION

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/NYSAFE-ACT-Registering-Or-Selling-Assault-Weapons/1qGsajmeXUeKAOawvpjGow.cspx

how freakin cool would it be if by the deadline 0 entries had been submitted? doubtful but i think thats what is needed to prove a point!

CourtJester 04-04-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

"If you have a handgun and its not registered you're breaking the law so the onus is on you right?" Gov. Cuomo explained. "You could have a handgun that you don't register but you'd be breaking the law and if they find you with that gun and its not registered now you've committed a crime. It's going to be the same thing (with) the assault weapons. It's basically the same model as handgun registration which we have all done for many, many, many years."
Enacting new laws to make honest citizens criminals. So this is going to be the new American Way?

Demo9mm 04-04-2013 04:35 AM

Then confiscation

I need to comply with the law but know where its going. First registration, then confiscation

kfox75 04-06-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demo9mm (Post 1202490)
I need to comply with the law but know where its going. First registration, then confiscation

I'm choosing neither. I will move out of state well before the registration deadline. NY can kiss my white hairy azz! Have faith brother, the federal case is set to start later this month. i am leaving this state for more reasons than gun control, i am leaving for my daughter's future. there are better college choices and more police departments in the ares where my wife is applying for work. My daughter is planning on going into law enforcement, with my wife's and my full blessing, and my wife has gone to 5 interviews in 2 different school systems. it is time to move on.

vincent 04-06-2013 01:50 PM

That whole gun registration scheme failed in Canada for just that reason... hopefully NYer's will follow suit.

I'll never understand how these people can take an idea that has been proven to fail like registration, that is illegal like registration, that does nothing to stop crime like registration and implement it thinking everyone will comply and that somehow, this time, it'll work. It's just beyond me...:confused:

batjka 04-06-2013 11:29 PM

Just to point out, it's not registration in NY, it's CONFISCATION. Once you register your weapons, they become property of the state in your temporary possession. When you die the state will take them. You can't even leave them to your children per un SAFE act.

bowhunter17 04-07-2013 05:12 PM

When will the NY "safe" act take effect?

jjfuller1 04-07-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowhunter17 (Post 1206367)
When will the NY "safe" act take effect?

it already has.. there are differnt dates for all of the different sections.

you have untill 2014 to get mags and ammo with no checks i believe. also untill next year to register.

but the mag limit is supposed to be in effect.. only 7 rounds. lol

M1GARANDBING 04-08-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1

you have untill 2014 to get mags and ammo with no checks i believe. also untill next year to register.

I believe that the people republic of New York's dictator realizes that no guns really have 7 round mags and changed it back to 10 round magazines however you may only put 7 round in the mag unless your in the range

kfox75 04-09-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 1206755)

15 April on the registration, 15 January on the Ammo. Both are in full effect in 2014. Magazines must be permanently altered, destroyed, or sold to LEO, dealer, or out of state by 15 January, 2014. 7 round restriction kicks in on the 15th of this month. Hence, my planned exodus, which will include a cup of Kiss My Azz! for Gov. Cuomo.