I am OUT! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > I am OUT!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #31
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8274

Thanks guys. I only have one major regret, and that is that I didn't do this about 20 years ago when I had the chance.

Went on an elk hunt out in CO when I was just out of college. I was down in Colorado Springs area for about 2 weeks, and I ran into a friend who worked in R&D for an avionics manufacturing company. He had me send in a resume, and on my second to last day in the area I got called in for an interview. I was offered an excellent starting wage and some great benefits, but I wound up turning down the job. LSS, wife #1 did not want to leave NY, and told me that if I went, i would be going alone, and she would file for divorce.

Looking back on it, part of me thinks I should have taken the job, and left. OTOH, if I had, I would not be married to wife #2, and would not be a dad as well. And I would still be leaving a state with pizz poor gun laws. kind of funny how things work out, ain't it?

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #32
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Three more trips over the next 2 weeks, and I am done. Now the nerves start kicking in. can't wait 'til this is over and done.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #33

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Don't worry kfox, you'll be enjoying a cold beer in your new place in no time Congratulations!

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #34
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Don't worry kfox, you'll be enjoying a cold beer in your new place in no time Congratulations!
Thanks Franklin. can't wait to get to that point.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:26 AM   #35
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

last night in the NY apartment. just a few more things to load in the truck and trailer, and we will be done. last major appliance is the fridge, and the rest is filler.

People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
last night in the NY apartment. just a few more things to load in the truck and trailer, and we will be done. last major appliance is the fridge, and the rest is filler.
good luck to ya!

i know you're glad to be getting out of NY.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #37
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
good luck to ya!

i know you're glad to be getting out of NY.
thanks axxe. it only took me 24 years to get to this point, and i ain't gonna lie, i am nervous about it. however, i have strong faith in god, and i know i can trust the group that is waiting on me on the other side of the line to freedom.

this will be a temporary thing. we will take a couple years where we are, and during that time we will get our finances in order. the next move will either be down to texas (dad has been looking into land down there for a couple of years. says he plans on retiring there. 64 as of 22 june, and showing no signs of it yet. he works full time for job corps, is the 2nd assistant chief of his VFD, and is one of the north county EMS instructors.), or oklahoma. we may spend a couple of years in central pa before we go down there due to my daughter trying to get into UTI or wyotech for cinder's chosen profession.

we know where we are going now, and we'll see where we go from there. if there is one thing i have learned in my almost 39 years it is that there is a lot of beautiful country out there, and that it is worht checking out with those you are closest to.

People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #38
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
thanks axxe. it only took me 24 years to get to this point, and i ain't gonna lie, i am nervous about it. however, i have strong faith in god, and i know i can trust the group that is waiting on me on the other side of the line to freedom.

this will be a temporary thing. we will take a couple years where we are, and during that time we will get our finances in order. the next move will either be down to texas (dad has been looking into land down there for a couple of years. says he plans on retiring there. 64 as of 22 june, and showing no signs of it yet. he works full time for job corps, is the 2nd assistant chief of his VFD, and is one of the north county EMS instructors.), or oklahoma. we may spend a couple of years in central pa before we go down there due to my daughter trying to get into UTI or wyotech for cinder's chosen profession.

we know where we are going now, and we'll see where we go from there. if there is one thing i have learned in my almost 39 years it is that there is a lot of beautiful country out there, and that it is worht checking out with those you are closest to.
you and the family move on down here to Texas. you're welcome anytime brother Fox!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #39
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
you and the family move on down here to Texas. you're welcome anytime brother Fox!
even if i never move down, my daughter and i are planning a cross country trip sometime in the next couple years. figure if i do the route right, we can meet up with a few of the ftfers at some of the stops along the way. you, drfootball, balota, WOC, and WF38 are at the top of that list brother.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #40
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1200 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 579

Fox,Glad to hear you're vacating the tyranny of the north east. There are way too many places to choose to live that don't have all the idiotic laws of the suppressed states like New York or the other north eastern states.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

kfox75 Likes This