I am OUT! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > I am OUT!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 02:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 18 Posts

Im moving as well, still staying in state (ohio) but getting away from the "why do you need a gun?" Clevelanders. Getting into the country in an old home similar sq ft but only 4 bed. And a bit over an acre of land.

Best of luck to you!

Ps. I once live in communist NJ, and it was the greatest feeling in the world getting to the first gun shop and able to walk out with a gun the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Just signed the papers on a 6 bedroom house in Erie PA. Moving down will be a process over the next few months, (on weekends) that will be finished at the end of the school year.

To the rest who will stay behind and continue to fight:

I still have folks I care about here, and remember that I am still in your corner. I had to make this call for my wife and daughter as well as myself. There is no future for us here. You, and your freedoms, are in our thought and prayers. Don't give up, and keep up the good fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Old 05-07-2014, 03:40 AM   #22
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeball View Post
Im moving as well, still staying in state (ohio) but getting away from the "why do you need a gun?" Clevelanders. Getting into the country in an old home similar sq ft but only 4 bed. And a bit over an acre of land.

Best of luck to you!

Ps. I once live in communist NJ, and it was the greatest feeling in the world getting to the first gun shop and able to walk out with a gun the same day.

congrats on the new place Jake.

Where I am moving from in NY, you can leave with a long gun right after you pass the background check and pay. A handgun requires a trip to the pistol permit clerk with your receipt to pay your $3, and get it added to your permit. Then you go back to the shop with the amendment slip and pick up your pistol. To me it was a PITA, but it was just part of the deal.

Went with the BIL to look at pistols since he now has his CCL in PA, and found a 1911 he fell in love with. After seeing the transaction process in PA, I can't wait to be down there full time. Major difference to say the least. I don't think I'm going to like it here. I know I'm going to love it.

Best of luck to you as well Jake. Enjoy the new place.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
congrats on the new place Jake.

Where I am moving from in NY, you can leave with a long gun right after you pass the background check and pay. A handgun requires a trip to the pistol permit clerk with your receipt to pay your $3, and get it added to your permit. Then you go back to the shop with the amendment slip and pick up your pistol. To me it was a PITA, but it was just part of the deal.

Went with the BIL to look at pistols since he now has his CCL in PA, and found a 1911 he fell in love with. After seeing the transaction process in PA, I can't wait to be down there full time. Major difference to say the least. I don't think I'm going to like it here. I know I'm going to love it.

Best of luck to you as well Jake. Enjoy the new place.
Kfox, glad to hear you're getting out of NY! congrats!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 182 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 497

Congratulations on your move! I've shot in PA for many years and know some very fine people there...all shooters, of course!

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #25
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3154 Times on 2143 Posts
Likes Given: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeball View Post

Best of luck to you!

Hey Jake,..not that I'm Ranking on Cleveland-I do an Internet Radio show by phone from There,..But I don't think ANYone In Cleveland has a right to ask ANYone why they Want or Need a Gun

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #26
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6129 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6512

Dammit Andy, you chased another one away! K-Fox, Sorry to hear your going, glad to hear it as well. You spent 20 years here, that certainly gives you a right to call your self a Real state of New York prior resident! Im probably gonna end up being one of the last men standing when it comes to this state. Never know though, Penn isnt so diff that I wouldnt consider it, just gotta stock up on quarters for all the toll booths!

I hope you have written a nice Resigning from NY taxes and BS letter for our Gubnor, well you at it, send a copy to Dave Veleski as well. They have tried to ruin this state and thats getting a little old...

Good luck K!

Old 05-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #27
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Dammit Andy, you chased another one away! K-Fox, Sorry to hear your going, glad to hear it as well. You spent 20 years here, that certainly gives you a right to call your self a Real state of New York prior resident! Im probably gonna end up being one of the last men standing when it comes to this state. Never know though, Penn isnt so diff that I wouldnt consider it, just gotta stock up on quarters for all the toll booths!

I hope you have written a nice Resigning from NY taxes and BS letter for our Gubnor, well you at it, send a copy to Dave Veleski as well. They have tried to ruin this state and thats getting a little old...

Good luck K!
Thanks WF. I still have friends and family here, most just don't want to leave, some just don't have the opportunity or means to do so. That's part of the reason we are staying within a couple of hours of the border, even after we find a place that is not in the city (country at heart, and that is where I want to be, this is temporary).

Yep. I have written a couple of resignation letters, and I have informed some of the reps frpm my area of my leaving and why it has come to this. I am on a first name basis with the ones i have told, and I have a very special e-mail that will be sent to the Governor and the Lt. Governor upon my official moving in at the Erie house. I have doubts that either one will understand it, but that won;t stop me from sending it.

The only thing i have not done yet is to decide what to do with the Repeal The S.A.F.E. Act sign in the front yard. I am half tempted to leave it in the ground under the Welcome to New York sign on the Thruway on my last loaded trip. Knowing my luck, it would be removed by a Trooper who likes that B.S. Law. Maybe I'll pass it on to another NY member on here........

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Shucks kfox75, Y'alls done real good!! Enjoy the better living.

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Very nice indeed, you have your priorities in order I see! congrats

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #30

Liked 232 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Glad to hear you took things into your own hands and acted.