Gun Registration? Should we? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum >

Gun Registration? Should we?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Originally Posted by Shootnscoot View Post
I'm currently in the market to purchase my first rifle as a civilian. Because I want to be sure of all my rights and obligations, I spoke to a county sheriff. I did not give him my name, what kind of rifle I intend to purchase, or where I intended to purchase. I simply asked him if I was required to register it. He told me "not yet, but it is recommended that I do so."... He went on to tell me that if my firearm is lost or stolen, a registration would make it easier to recover it.
Having read the other posts in this thread however, I think I'll wait until Washington State law makes it mandatory.
if any of my firearms are stolen it will be reported with the serial number at that time. But I will find out if the powers that be have outlawed that specific firearm since I purchased it and if it is a crime at the time of the theft.

If it did become a crime to possess it, then I guess I won't be reporting it- 5th Amendment and all.
People Like This