Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Gun Registration? Should we?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7299 Times on 4239 Posts
Likes Given: 9403

I figure that none of my guns have ever been stolen, and none of them have ever been used in a crime. If either one happens then I will report it with the serial number at that time. Until then they can shove it where the Sun don't shine.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 1759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What guns? Lost 'em all in a boating accident.

Registration historically results in confiscation, though that has not yet happened here in CA. Give them time though. They are damn sure working on it.

Words to the wise? Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.
Pretty soon they will make a law against high capacity baskets.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Pretty soon they will make a law against high capacity baskets.
Nobody needs more than 3 eggs in a meal so there is no reason to have more than that in your basket. AmIright?

Who cares if you have 2 dozen chickens and a large family. Ain't no reason for you to have more than 3.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARFAB
No. Don't register. You have quite a bit of time before the registration deadline hits so it's not even necessary at this point. Plus, my understanding is that your first time caught with an unregistered "assault weapon" is only a misdemeanor charge. If you don't leave the state, you can maintain some of your rights by risking the misdemeanor and then registering after the fact.

For anyone actually planning on registering, please make this as difficult as possible for the morons in charge by waiting until the last possible minute to send in your registration. If there is a backlog of unfiled registrations, how can they say for sure you didn't already register your rifle? My guess is it will be a long time after the registration deadline passes before they can actually start enforcing anything.
Under the NY "safe" act, do we have to register all guns or just so called assault weapons? And when is the deadline.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #15
Camo, you are lucky to see it.

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1568 Times on 865 Posts
Likes Given: 4761

An acquaintance told me of his plight in California.

His solution was to register want he wanted to use as shooters. The rest were in another basket and not registered.

This seems to make sense.

If the law says you must register, then one must realize there will be penalties for guns found not registered.

I would also vote for moving if this unsafe act cannot be thwarted.

People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #16

Liked 172 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I'd register my XBOX for the warranty.
I'd register my truck for the right to drive on the roads.
What is the benefit to me to register my firearms?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
An acquaintance told me of his plight in California.

His solution was to register want he wanted to use as shooters. The rest were in another basket and not registered.

This seems to make sense.

If the law says you must register, then one must realize there will be penalties for guns found not registered.

I would also vote for moving if this unsafe act cannot be thwarted.
That is pretty much the approach that others use here.

Quote:

Old 07-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #18
No Longer a NY Resident.

Liked 1031 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter17 View Post
Under the NY "safe" act, do we have to register all guns or just so called assault weapons? And when is the deadline.
They only want us to register the "Assault Weapons", not all guns. Yet. Give them time, and they will try to go for all of them.

The deadline for registration is April 15, 2014.

I wonder what would happen if the registration department was suddenly slammed with forms filled out to register crowbars, hammers, kitchen knives, and ice picks. Might be worth making some popcorn, grabbing a beer, and then sitting back to watch the show.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 07-27-2013 at 04:53 AM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
They only want us to register the "Assault Weapons", not all guns. Yet. Give them time, and they will try to go for all of them.

The deadline for registration is April 15, 2014.

I wonder what would happen if the registration department was suddenly slammed with forms filled out to register crowbars, hammers, kitchen knives, and ice picks. Might be worth making some popcorn, grabbing a beer, and then sitting back to watch the show.
I think that it would be terrifically useful to our movement to do exactly that. Flood the registration system with anything that can be used to assault another person. Even computers, writing instruments, perhaps even words. Or register the law itself, as it is being used to assault our liberties.

It worked in Canada. After a few years they realized that the registry was not doing any good and was enormously costly and they abandoned it. And they were only registering guns!

Quote:
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #20

Liked 463 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
In WWII , many people lingered around Poland, Hungary, Germany itself. Many people left good homes and jobs when the winds of war started to make the air feel funny. The people that walked away early, lived to recount their lives. The people that stayed, many fell into the cracks and we're never seen again.

Not saying our country will splinter like WWII Europe, but it sure looks like winds of war are blowing here like in times past.

We can learn from history, or we can live it all over again.
Sometimes it’s good to look back in history with the after-the-fact knowledge of what happened and how it came about. This article was printed in “The Rifleman” June, 2001 and it recaps some events leading up to and during WWII in Europe and how gun control was the first step. And how pre-existing gun registration lists were used by the Nazis to ferret out gun owners.

The comparisons to present-day events regarding gun control, in some respects, don’t seem so different. It seems the same ground work is being laid now here as it was there then.

“...Himmler, head of the Nazi terror police, would become an architect of the Holocaust, which consumed six million Jews. It was self evident that the Jews must be disarmed before the extermination could begin.

Finding out which Jews had firearms was not too difficult. The liberal Weimar Republic passed a Firearm Law in 1928 requiring extensive police records on gun owners. Hitler signed a further gun control law in early 1938.

Other European countries also had laws requiring police records to be kept on persons who possessed firearms. When the Nazis took over Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1939, it was a simple matter to identify gun owners. Many of them disappeared in the middle of the night along with political opponents….”

This is the article:

ellis

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/registration_article/registration.html