Gun Registration? Should we?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Gun Registration? Should we?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Gun Registration? Should we?

Many NYS troopers have stated that registration will be confiscation. Is anyone gonna register their guns. Are the troopers spreading rumors or has the state began preparing them to confiscate? I am concerned. My cousin is a trooper and told me this. I thought so what, its my cousin. But other troopers who I grew up with are saying the same thing. Plus, everyone knows who the gun guys are. All the state has to do is go through the gun clubs membership (or read my emails). Am I paranoid? Should I be wearing a tinfoil hat? I just want to targetshoot WTF

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo9mm View Post
Many NYS troopers have stated that registration will be confiscation. Is anyone gonna register their guns. Are the troopers spreading rumors or has the state began preparing them to confiscate? I am concerned. My cousin is a trooper and told me this. I thought so what, its my cousin. But other troopers who I grew up with are saying the same thing. Plus, everyone knows who the gun guys are. All the state has to do is go through the gun clubs membership (or read my emails). Am I paranoid? Should I be wearing a tinfoil hat? I just want to targetshoot WTF
In WWII , many people lingered around Poland, Hungary, Germany itself. Many people left good homes and jobs when the winds of war started to make the air feel funny. The people that walked away early, lived to recount their lives. The people that stayed, many fell into the cracks and we're never seen again.

Not saying our country will splinter like WWII Europe, but it sure looks like winds of war are blowing here like in times past.

We can learn from history, or we can live it all over again.

Seems to me, certain areas of the USA are putting out warning signs. Not little hints, loudspeaker break your eardrum hints that times are changing.

If I lived in NYC, Denver, Omaha, LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, or any big metropolitan city, I would pact up, and move to a small county where the sheriff is the law, and the sheriff is pro guns, and the state is pro guns.

Go when? Go now!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #3

Liked 37 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 24

No. Don't register. You have quite a bit of time before the registration deadline hits so it's not even necessary at this point. Plus, my understanding is that your first time caught with an unregistered "assault weapon" is only a misdemeanor charge. If you don't leave the state, you can maintain some of your rights by risking the misdemeanor and then registering after the fact.

For anyone actually planning on registering, please make this as difficult as possible for the morons in charge by waiting until the last possible minute to send in your registration. If there is a backlog of unfiled registrations, how can they say for sure you didn't already register your rifle? My guess is it will be a long time after the registration deadline passes before they can actually start enforcing anything.

SCOPE Memeber
bluez Likes This 
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
In WWII , many people lingered around Poland, Hungary, Germany itself. Many people left good homes and jobs when the winds of war started to make the air feel funny. The people that walked away early, lived to recount their lives. The people that stayed, many fell into the cracks and we're never seen again.

Not saying our country will splinter like WWII Europe, but it sure looks like winds of war are blowing here like in times past.

We can learn from history, or we can live it all over again.

Seems to me, certain areas of the USA are putting out warning signs. Not little hints, loudspeaker break your eardrum hints that times are changing.

If I lived in NYC, Denver, Omaha, LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, or any big metropolitan city, I would pact up, and move to a small county where the sheriff is the law, and the sheriff is pro guns, and the state is pro guns.

Go when? Go now!
My grandmother left Auschwitz Poland because my Great grand father joe saw what was coming. For his family that stayed in Poland their lives were ruined. My gram said they took the guns first. My uncle who stayed and came to America after the war said they were fighting germans with hunting rifles and spears and got their ass kicked. Then the Russians came in.....during the cold war
we were sending food, toilet paper (no kidding, they did not have toilet paper) and clothing until my gram died in 1997. My grams brothers got to NY and joined the army. They ended up dieing at the battle of the Bulge and are buried somewhere in Europe.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #5
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7221 Times on 3954 Posts
Likes Given: 14724

The only purpose of registration is to allow for easier confiscation. Give them nothing!

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

No Registration and no I will not register any of my guns!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #7
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8274

I have a way to really chap their collective azzes. Go to the closest NYSP barracks. Pick up the forms for mailing in, and use them to register your assault rifles. Not your MSRs, the old bolt actions. mausers, Mosins, enfields Etc. Mail them in 2 days before the deadline, then wait for the fun to start. When you are asked why you registered a bunch of old bolt actions, tell them that they ARE Assault weapons because they were used by armies during warfare. This plan works best for those who have moved out of state before the deadline.

Personally, I will not say yes or no either way. this is a public forum after all.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10787

What guns? Lost 'em all in a boating accident.

Registration historically results in confiscation, though that has not yet happened here in CA. Give them time though. They are damn sure working on it.

Words to the wise? Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #9

Liked 229 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 386

You lost the guns but saved enough eggs to warrant multiple baskets?
Priorities man

Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #10

Liked 229 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 386

If someone wants my gun numbers, i'll carve it into bobthefed's posterior before they pull out a pen