Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New York Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/)
-   -   Gun Registration? Should we? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/gun-registration-should-we-92515/)

Demo9mm 06-19-2013 05:23 AM

Gun Registration? Should we?

Many NYS troopers have stated that registration will be confiscation. Is anyone gonna register their guns. Are the troopers spreading rumors or has the state began preparing them to confiscate? I am concerned. My cousin is a trooper and told me this. I thought so what, its my cousin. But other troopers who I grew up with are saying the same thing. Plus, everyone knows who the gun guys are. All the state has to do is go through the gun clubs membership (or read my emails). Am I paranoid? Should I be wearing a tinfoil hat? I just want to targetshoot WTF

AR10 06-19-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demo9mm (Post 1280521)
Many NYS troopers have stated that registration will be confiscation. Is anyone gonna register their guns. Are the troopers spreading rumors or has the state began preparing them to confiscate? I am concerned. My cousin is a trooper and told me this. I thought so what, its my cousin. But other troopers who I grew up with are saying the same thing. Plus, everyone knows who the gun guys are. All the state has to do is go through the gun clubs membership (or read my emails). Am I paranoid? Should I be wearing a tinfoil hat? I just want to targetshoot WTF

In WWII , many people lingered around Poland, Hungary, Germany itself. Many people left good homes and jobs when the winds of war started to make the air feel funny. The people that walked away early, lived to recount their lives. The people that stayed, many fell into the cracks and we're never seen again.

Not saying our country will splinter like WWII Europe, but it sure looks like winds of war are blowing here like in times past.

We can learn from history, or we can live it all over again.

Seems to me, certain areas of the USA are putting out warning signs. Not little hints, loudspeaker break your eardrum hints that times are changing.

If I lived in NYC, Denver, Omaha, LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, or any big metropolitan city, I would pact up, and move to a small county where the sheriff is the law, and the sheriff is pro guns, and the state is pro guns.

Go when? Go now!

WARFAB 06-19-2013 08:13 PM

No. Don't register. You have quite a bit of time before the registration deadline hits so it's not even necessary at this point. Plus, my understanding is that your first time caught with an unregistered "assault weapon" is only a misdemeanor charge. If you don't leave the state, you can maintain some of your rights by risking the misdemeanor and then registering after the fact.

For anyone actually planning on registering, please make this as difficult as possible for the morons in charge by waiting until the last possible minute to send in your registration. If there is a backlog of unfiled registrations, how can they say for sure you didn't already register your rifle? My guess is it will be a long time after the registration deadline passes before they can actually start enforcing anything.

Demo9mm 06-20-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1280543)
In WWII , many people lingered around Poland, Hungary, Germany itself. Many people left good homes and jobs when the winds of war started to make the air feel funny. The people that walked away early, lived to recount their lives. The people that stayed, many fell into the cracks and we're never seen again.

Not saying our country will splinter like WWII Europe, but it sure looks like winds of war are blowing here like in times past.

We can learn from history, or we can live it all over again.

Seems to me, certain areas of the USA are putting out warning signs. Not little hints, loudspeaker break your eardrum hints that times are changing.

If I lived in NYC, Denver, Omaha, LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, or any big metropolitan city, I would pact up, and move to a small county where the sheriff is the law, and the sheriff is pro guns, and the state is pro guns.

Go when? Go now!

My grandmother left Auschwitz Poland because my Great grand father joe saw what was coming. For his family that stayed in Poland their lives were ruined. My gram said they took the guns first. My uncle who stayed and came to America after the war said they were fighting germans with hunting rifles and spears and got their ass kicked. Then the Russians came in.....during the cold war
we were sending food, toilet paper (no kidding, they did not have toilet paper) and clothing until my gram died in 1997. My grams brothers got to NY and joined the army. They ended up dieing at the battle of the Bulge and are buried somewhere in Europe.

MisterMcCool 06-21-2013 01:01 AM

The only purpose of registration is to allow for easier confiscation. Give them nothing!

Sniper03 06-21-2013 01:02 AM

No Registration and no I will not register any of my guns!

kfox75 07-26-2013 03:49 AM

I have a way to really chap their collective azzes. Go to the closest NYSP barracks. Pick up the forms for mailing in, and use them to register your assault rifles. Not your MSRs, the old bolt actions. mausers, Mosins, enfields Etc. Mail them in 2 days before the deadline, then wait for the fun to start. When you are asked why you registered a bunch of old bolt actions, tell them that they ARE Assault weapons because they were used by armies during warfare. This plan works best for those who have moved out of state before the deadline. :D

Personally, I will not say yes or no either way. this is a public forum after all. ;)

Vikingdad 07-26-2013 03:57 AM

What guns? Lost 'em all in a boating accident.

Registration historically results in confiscation, though that has not yet happened here in CA. Give them time though. They are damn sure working on it.

Words to the wise? Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.

thatonespot 07-26-2013 04:02 AM

You lost the guns but saved enough eggs to warrant multiple baskets?
Priorities man :rolleyes:

thatonespot 07-26-2013 04:03 AM

If someone wants my gun numbers, i'll carve it into bobthefed's posterior before they pull out a pen :)