Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Good Guys: 1 Dirty Politics: 0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Good Guys: 1 Dirty Politics: 0

This is a great video showing that we can fight the "safe act" all the way into the courts as you are being prosecuted. This is a great video and i suggest to take 6 mins of your day and watch this. http://www.nranews.com/ginny/video/gov-cuomo-s-safe-act-a-new-class-of-criminals--2

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5872 Times on 2905 Posts
Likes Given: 6231

I was a bit harsh on this guy when his situation was "reported", the papers made him out to be a nimrod. Thats what happens when I read and listen to the "Free Press", Note to self, dont listen to the "free press". The DA in this case was a smart person, if this had gone to trial, neither he nor his LEO's would have gotten any citizen support and likely, he would have lost his next election.

This illuminates the deep division the real state of NY and NYC and crapitol district are experiencing. I dont see many DA upstate lending much support to the "Safe Act", 90% of NY Counties spoke loud and clear, we dont want it and wont accept it. The sheep in NYC may feed off Albanizer Scrooges words but thats because they dont know WTF they are talking about either when it comes to Firearms and our rights.

I see NYC as a self imposed prison where the occupants demand safety via the guards and laws. Just like any other prison, that safety cant be guaranteed by law because you cant watch and protect everyone when the percentage of watchers is so much lower than the possible crooks and thugs! Upstaters know that if your gonna survive, you must be prepared. Calling 911, waiting 15 minutes to an hour for help is a ridiculous plan to thwart a crime when most likely, the damage will be done before you even dial the Helpline Number!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
I was a bit harsh on this guy when his situation was "reported", the papers made him out to be a nimrod. Thats what happens when I read and listen to the "Free Press", Note to self, dont listen to the "free press". The DA in this case was a smart person, if this had gone to trial, neither he nor his LEO's would have gotten any citizen support and likely, he would have lost his next election.

This illuminates the deep division the real state of NY and NYC and crapitol district are experiencing. I dont see many DA upstate lending much support to the "Safe Act", 90% of NY Counties spoke loud and clear, we dont want it and wont accept it. The sheep in NYC may feed off Albanizer Scrooges words but thats because they dont know WTF they are talking about either when it comes to Firearms and our rights.

I see NYC as a self imposed prison where the occupants demand safety via the guards and laws. Just like any other prison, that safety cant be guaranteed by law because you cant watch and protect everyone when the percentage of watchers is so much lower than the possible crooks and thugs! Upstaters know that if your gonna survive, you must be prepared. Calling 911, waiting 15 minutes to an hour for help is a ridiculous plan to thwart a crime when most likely, the damage will be done before you even dial the Helpline Number!
Well said, Webley.

Good for the DA. Excellent decision.

As a resident of Kalifornia, I feel for you guys across the country.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1538 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 7828

I recind my previous statements regarding the man who was the subject of this video. Like WF38, my information was based on what was reported by the press, with their agenda serving spin on this case.

I hope that more of our elected officials will make the right choice, as did the DA in this case.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #5

Liked 37 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Thanks for sharing this video. A ray of hope for an oppressed population.

SCOPE Memeber
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This