Get Busy New Yuckers!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Get Busy New Yuckers!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default Get Busy New Yuckers!!!

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S1422-2013

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

Why bother (I do but I dont know why). They dont care. They just keep pushing and folks have left the state in herds because of it. Coumo has Presidential hopes so after hes done F'n up NY, hes gonna offer his hand at doing the same for the rest of the USA!

Just sent this to Coumo, Schumer, Gillibrand and Valesky-

I'm a Vet, Small Business Owner, Employee and Taxpayer. I ask you to step back from any emotional Gun Control Responses you may have and understand that well over half of the USA supports an Unfettered 2nd Amendment.

The tragedies are that, tragic but the guns are not the common threads, it people with serious mental issues that are doing these things and they wont be stopped by any manipulation or restrictions of our legal rights.

1994 was the last time elected officials tried this and it cost them their jobs, the laws they created failed to protect anyone and a large percentage of the citizenry became disenfranchised.

Please consider your future support or lack thereof for gun controls as being the key to your future as a Representative of this state or nation.

Sincerily,

SSG John Robinson, USARNG Inf Ret.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 01-13-2013 at 10:00 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #3

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I'm glad people are running from NY. My sister recently bought a house in SC and my parents bought a villa. They're putting their homes up for sale in the spring and should be down there by the end of the year. I have kids and grand kids here, but am seriously considering the move there as well. Depends on how much they like it and what the morons in Albany do. I'm tired of traveling to Pa. and Vegas for real shooting enjoyment.

Cuomo's spaccone father Mario, the former governor, hatched a real winner and the idiot NYers got what they asked for both here and in DC. I called State Senator Kemp Hannon in Albany and emailed his office in Garden City. I also emailed Rep. Pete King. I don't think they're listening either. I sent them the video "Why No One Invades Switzerland", which shows our 2nd Amendment to be weak and nothing compared to how much their govt gives a damn for their people.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 01-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I was born and raised in New York City (Harlem) at a time when each neighborhood was a world unto itself. One didn't live long but did die with a lifetime of unbelievable experiences. That is long gone now. Nieghoborhoods, individualities, culture. Politically, it is one of the worse places to live where one cannot defend oneself without being charged, arrested, and sentenced. No matter the circumstances. NYC does not believe in self-preservation it appears. I well know this when once I had put a drug-dealer in the hospital with a Louisville Slugger. It didn't matter the weapons found on him when the ambulance came. It mattered that I did it with a baseball bat. And I was charged with attempted homicide. The leading detective said to me: "You should have killed the bastard. But even scum like him have rights. And he is pressing charges." I won the case. But even if there were two or three men against you and you severely hurt one of them. NYPD and the lil' mayor charges you. F**K NYC's politics, its mayor, governor, and their Keystone cops!

Last edited by PanBaccha; 01-13-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

Life long New Yorker 50+, visited NYC 3 whole times in my entire life other than straight through the airport, never touching ground except to run out for a smoke! Cant even do that anymore! I dont fly much and wont go to NYC unless the Money is Huge and then just hit and run then back upstate, hardly breath the air while Im down there!!!

They let us survive just enough so we can grow their food, make them electricity, pump them our natural gas and give them a short jaunt for some outdoor fun and thats all folks. Were neutered otherwise, completely void of a voice or say in our futures or taxes. Kinda like Puerto Rico is to the US, the redheaded stepchild of downstate!

Old 01-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 680

that is just... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....if im reading that right its going to ban the USE and POSSESSION of our current AR's and magazines correct? and any other weapon the state police decides is bad......... i will be emailing the reps. but if this passes i see a move south very very soon!

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 01-13-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
I was born and raised in New York City (Harlem) at a time when each neighborhood was a world unto itself. One didn't live long but did die with a lifetime of unbelievable experiences. That is long gone now. Nieghoborhoods, individualities, culture. Politically, it is one of the worse places to live where one cannot defend oneself without being charged, arrested, and sentenced. No matter the circumstances. NYC does not believe in self-preservation it appears. I well know this when once I had put a drug-dealer in the hospital with a Louisville Slugger. It didn't matter the weapons found on him when the ambulance came. It mattered that I did it with a baseball bat. And I was charged with attempted homicide. The leading detective said to me: "You should have killed the bastard. But even scum like him have rights. And he is pressing charges." I won the case. But even if there were two or three men against you and you severely hurt one of them. NYPD and the lil' mayor charges you. F**K NYC's politics, its mayor, governor, and their Keystone cops!
My feelings regarding NYC and it's pusillanimous politicians cannot be expressed properly without every other word being four letters, but I must take exception to your calling the NYPD Keystone Cops. Like any other profession you'll find good and bad, but when push comes to shove and all hell breaks loose it's those people wearing blue you'd want helping you.

I'm long retired from there and visit that city usually kicking and screaming only when I have to, which is rarely. I was injured severely in the LOD like many others doing a job no one basically had the balls to do and believe me the pay sucked too. My disabling injuries are a reminder each day of what I previously went through. You do get used to pain, but I'm no masochist.

Fireman are loved by everyone, but cops are looked upon differently, though as a kid I was in awe of them when they passed by. It's funny how when someone who would normally put the NYPD down collapses on the street from a heart attack and one of those Keystone Cops comes by to pound on their chest to get their ticker going attitudes change, at least for the time being.

Someone I had worked with responded to an emergency call for my father-in-law and saved his life. So I have a personal reason for being grateful to the NYPD. By the way, that Keystone Cop had previously been in a well known 60's rock-n-roll group and had 2 hit recordings that anyone into doo-wop would recognize. Unfortunately he passed away at a very young age soon after retirement after spending a year in a coma. It's gotta be a nice feeling when a cop pulls someone off of you when your getting the crap beat out of you as well.

My son currently is there doing what I did, but he can see by their eyes how some look upon him and knows it's just another job. He may be considered a Keystone Cop, but I'm proud of him and worry about him, cause he's my son. Sorry for the rant, but I've let many remarks concerning police go by unanswered, but sometimes things must be said. Damn it, I really should stick to talking guns, cause politics is nausiating.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No doubt there are some good ones. But born and raised there I've seen some real rotten sobs with long karmas to answer to.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #9

I'm sure you met some beauties just as I have, but Harlem was a place I hated to work in for many good reasons. I dealt with a lovely riot there many years ago after a police officer was murdered in a mosque and it wasn't a bed of roses either. I grew up in Brownsville Bklyn and got kicked in my rear end more than once by a cop, but maybe I deserved it. I still wasn't about to condemn them all and that was when I was a wise guy.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
I'm sure you met some beauties just as I have, but Harlem was a place I hated to work in for many good reasons. I dealt with a lovely riot there many years ago after a police officer was murdered in a mosque and it wasn't a bed of roses either. I grew up in Brownsville Bklyn and got kicked in my rear end more than once by a cop, but maybe I deserved it. I still wasn't about to condemn them all and that was when I was a wise guy.
Some decades later after Harlem I, too, lived in East New York, near Brownsville, where the preception of NYPD continued. (I have family members & friends in NYPD now since retired). Evidently, it is not meant as a 'blanket indictment' against all cops. Just the very many that were criminals themselves.