Cuomo tells Sheriff's to shut up... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Cuomo tells Sheriff's to shut up...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

NY State Constitution
Article XIII

§13. (a) Except in counties in the city of New York and except as authorized in section one of article nine of this constitution, registers in counties having registers shall be chosen by the electors of the respective counties once in every three years and whenever the occurring of vacancies shall require; the sheriff and the clerk of each county shall be chosen by the electors once in every three or four years as the legislature shall direct. Sheriffs shall hold no other office. They may be required by law to renew their security, from time to time; and in default of giving such new security, their offices shall be deemed vacant. The governor may remove any elective sheriff, county clerk, district attorney or register within the term for which he or she shall have been elected; but before so doing the governor shall give to such officer a copy of the charges against him or her and an opportunity of being heard in his or her defense. In each county a district attorney shall be chosen by the electors once in every three or four years as the legislature shall direct. The clerk of each county in the city of New York shall be appointed, and be subject to removal, by the appellate division of the supreme court in the judicial department in which the county is located. In addition to his or her powers and duties as clerk of the supreme court, he or she shall have power to select, draw, summon and empanel grand and petit jurors in the manner and under the conditions now or hereafter prescribed by law, and shall have such other powers and duties as shall be prescribed by the city from time to time by local law.

(b) Any district attorney who shall fail faithfully to prosecute a person charged with the violation in his or her county of any provision of this article which may come to his or her knowledge, shall be removed from office by the governor, after due notice and an opportunity of being heard in his or her defense. The expenses which shall be incurred by any county, in investigating and prosecuting any charge of bribery or attempting to bribe any person holding office under the laws of this state, within such county, or of receiving bribes by any such person in said county, shall be a charge against the state, and their payment by the state shall be provided for by law.

(c) The city of New York is hereby vested with power from time to time to abolish by local law, as defined by the legislature, the office of any county officer within the city other than judges, clerks of counties and district attorneys, and to assign any or all functions of such officers to city officers, courts or clerks of counties, and to prescribe the powers, duties, qualifications, number, mode of selection and removal, terms of office and compensation of the persons holding such offices and the employees therein, and to assign to city officers any powers or duties of clerks of counties not assigned by this constitution. The legislature shall not pass any law affecting any such matters in relation to such offices within the city of New York except on message from the governor declaring that an emergency exists and the concurrent action of two-thirds of the members of each house, except that existing laws regarding each such office shall continue in force, and may be amended or repealed by the legislature as heretofore, until the power herein granted to the city has been exercised with respect to that office. The provisions of article nine shall not prevent the legislature from passing general or special laws prescribing or affecting powers and duties of such city officers or such courts or clerks to whom or which functions of such county officers shall have been so assigned, in so far as such powers or duties embrace subjects not relating to property, affairs or government of such city. (Added by vote of the people November 5, 1963. Subdivisions (a), (b) and (c), formerly §§5, 6 and 8 of Art. 9. Subdivision (a) amended by vote of the people November 7, 1972; subdivision (a) further amended by vote of the people November 6, 1984; November 7, 1989; further amended by vote of the people November 6, 2001.)

__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,920
Liked 4708 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Default

As I suspected... A Sheriff must do something illegal. A Governor must be able to show "charges" and the Sheriff must be given an opportunity to answer those charges.

I highly doubt "disagreeing" with "Little Prince Andy" rises to the level of a "chargeable offense"... even in the Peoples Repulik of NY.

But after "Little Prince Andy's" ultimatum... I'd be shocked if his County Sheriff is not "looking" for "charges" FOR ANDY and his cohorts.

Note to Andy... You just challenged and "pissed off" the only Constitutionally Elected Law Enforcement Leaders this Country has... Sure hope you can keep your smart ass... and nose clean. Your gonna need too!

Tack


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
NY State Constitution
Article XIII

§13. (a) Except in counties in the city of New York and except as authorized in section one of article nine of this constitution, registers in counties having registers shall be chosen by the electors of the respective counties once in every three years and whenever the occurring of vacancies shall require; the sheriff and the clerk of each county shall be chosen by the electors once in every three or four years as the legislature shall direct. Sheriffs shall hold no other office. They may be required by law to renew their security, from time to time; and in default of giving such new security, their offices shall be deemed vacant. The governor may remove any elective sheriff, county clerk, district attorney or register within the term for which he or she shall have been elected; but before so doing the governor shall give to such officer a copy of the charges against him or her and an opportunity of being heard in his or her defense. In each county a district attorney shall be chosen by the electors once in every three or four years as the legislature shall direct. The clerk of each county in the city of New York shall be appointed, and be subject to removal, by the appellate division of the supreme court in the judicial department in which the county is located. In addition to his or her powers and duties as clerk of the supreme court, he or she shall have power to select, draw, summon and empanel grand and petit jurors in the manner and under the conditions now or hereafter prescribed by law, and shall have such other powers and duties as shall be prescribed by the city from time to time by local law.

(b) Any district attorney who shall fail faithfully to prosecute a person charged with the violation in his or her county of any provision of this article which may come to his or her knowledge, shall be removed from office by the governor, after due notice and an opportunity of being heard in his or her defense. The expenses which shall be incurred by any county, in investigating and prosecuting any charge of bribery or attempting to bribe any person holding office under the laws of this state, within such county, or of receiving bribes by any such person in said county, shall be a charge against the state, and their payment by the state shall be provided for by law.

(c) The city of New York is hereby vested with power from time to time to abolish by local law, as defined by the legislature, the office of any county officer within the city other than judges, clerks of counties and district attorneys, and to assign any or all functions of such officers to city officers, courts or clerks of counties, and to prescribe the powers, duties, qualifications, number, mode of selection and removal, terms of office and compensation of the persons holding such offices and the employees therein, and to assign to city officers any powers or duties of clerks of counties not assigned by this constitution. The legislature shall not pass any law affecting any such matters in relation to such offices within the city of New York except on message from the governor declaring that an emergency exists and the concurrent action of two-thirds of the members of each house, except that existing laws regarding each such office shall continue in force, and may be amended or repealed by the legislature as heretofore, until the power herein granted to the city has been exercised with respect to that office. The provisions of article nine shall not prevent the legislature from passing general or special laws prescribing or affecting powers and duties of such city officers or such courts or clerks to whom or which functions of such county officers shall have been so assigned, in so far as such powers or duties embrace subjects not relating to property, affairs or government of such city. (Added by vote of the people November 5, 1963. Subdivisions (a), (b) and (c), formerly §§5, 6 and 8 of Art. 9. Subdivision (a) amended by vote of the people November 7, 1972; subdivision (a) further amended by vote of the people November 6, 1984; November 7, 1989; further amended by vote of the people November 6, 2001.)
__________________
It is not the Citizens duty to show loyalty to the Government... it IS the Governments duty to show loyalty to the Citizen

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-22-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KJG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,430
Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default

Well, they took away the 2nd Amend rights. What made you think they wouldn't take away the 1st Amend rights next.

__________________

.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

KJG67 is offline  
Shade Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,920
Liked 4708 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Well, they took away the 2nd Amend rights. What made you think they wouldn't take away the 1st Amend rights next.
Umm... the fact that an Elected Sheriff:

A. Has Guns
B. Is the Constitutionally recognized commander of the militia
C. Liberals know this and have "NO BALLS"

Pukes like Andy of Albany would not say sh!t, even if they had a mouth full of it... if it were not for there confidence that Armed Law Enforcers would side with them and do there bidding.

Andy crossed a line... Andy knows it... which is why a confidential source, speaking on his behalf, clarified that he WAS NOT looking to remove ANY sitting Sheriff.

Tack
__________________
It is not the Citizens duty to show loyalty to the Government... it IS the Governments duty to show loyalty to the Citizen
Tackleberry1 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,131
Liked 2396 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 1222

Default

It would be a simple decision for me! I would quietly not enforce the law nor encourage my officers to do so. And I do not think Cuomo wants to tangle with the NY Sheriffs and the certainly not the International Sheriff's Associations.
Of course in my opinion him and Bloomberg need replaced as soon as possible. Both are Dem. Socialist idiots.

03

__________________

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Sniper03 is offline  
Shade Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,293
Liked 5926 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 6285

Default

Andy has ignited an upstate sh!tstorm against him. The Sheriffs up here actually are very powerful and as elected officials have the support of the majority of voters. They cant get re-elected if they piss on the folks that elect them and were not partisan when it comes to electing our head Lawman. These guys dont report to Albany or The State Troopers, they report to us!

__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Andy has ignited an upstate sh!tstorm against him. The Sheriffs up here actually are very powerful and as elected officials have the support of the majority of voters. They cant get re-elected if they piss on the folks that elect them and were not partisan when it comes to electing our head Lawman. These guys dont report to Albany or The State Troopers, they report to us!
All part of the checks and balances, I am actually surprise the NY Constitution actually has a provision for the Gov to remove a Sheriff.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,920
Liked 4708 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Andy has ignited an upstate sh!tstorm against him. The Sheriffs up here actually are very powerful and as elected officials have the support of the majority of voters. They cant get re-elected if they piss on the folks that elect them and were not partisan when it comes to electing our head Lawman. These guys dont report to Albany or The State Troopers, they report to us!
Good... they need to keep the heat on Andy... and they need to point out to the entire Country that as Top Cops, their opinions are the only ones that matter.

They need to help the population understand that the Head of the Highway Patrol... and every Cities Chief of Police... is nothing more that a political appointee who say only what there told to say by their elected masters... I.E. Governors and Mayors.

Elected Sheriff's are the only Top Cops that we, the voters, can hold accountable... therefore Sheriff's and there Deputies are the ONLY LEO authority I recognize.

Tack
__________________
It is not the Citizens duty to show loyalty to the Government... it IS the Governments duty to show loyalty to the Citizen
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bravo_Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arab/Huntsville, AL
Posts: 69
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

My Alabama County Sheriff said he is not enforcing any of the stupid Fed crap, if they pull it, and he would arrest them on the spot . My kinda Sheriff!

__________________
Bravo_Sixx is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Catskill,New York "State"
Posts: 491
Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Hank... I get what your saying but is it really necessary to insult Americas Gay Community by insinuating the at Andy swings there way?

Honestly... I don't think they'd claim him.

Tack
I stand corrected,we know many Gay Soldiers stormed Normandy and many other horrific Battles,and fell,I had no reason except ignorance lumping Cuomo in with Gay men!

But I detest Cuomo,now I must conger up another derogatory term for him,my quest continues...

"Thanks For Passing On Good Points"
__________________
HankStone is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
NY Governor Cuomo May Have To Resign gunsmoke11 New York Gun Forum 17 05-04-2013 08:47 PM
Take that gov. Cuomo drvsafe Legal and Activism 18 03-02-2013 06:14 AM
Cuomo Reacts to SAFE Act Backlash Vincine Politics, Religion and Controversy 18 02-20-2013 04:33 PM
Cali. Sheriff's stand up fireguy Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 11-28-2011 07:16 PM
CNN Tells Lou Dobbs to SHUT UP layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 07-27-2009 12:02 AM