Appleseed Project

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Appleseed Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Appleseed Project

Hello fellow Big Apples. Long Islander here. Has anyone one local ever attended the Calverton shoots. I'm interested in bringing my son to one. I've heard that they have great instructors who teach the fundamentals. Any input would be appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #2

I live in Huntington and have been to 4 apple seeds shoots at calverton. Great instructors, great people. I shot my rifleman on my 3 Rd event and I still attend. I'm actually on my way to becoming an instructor. There is an event at calverton in April. Believe its sold out but they allow walk on s. How old is your son? What kind of rifle do you plan to use?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #3

My son is ten years old. I think that he is too young. I do want him to come and at least watch. I have taught him proper gun handling and he has watched me shoot my weapons. I do want to shoot 223 there. I know that you could shoot 1k rounds there. I am going to fine tune my shooting techniques. Any suggestions.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #4

Its possible to shoot 1 k rounds. Last time I shot my 223 at an apple seed, I went through 400 (I was being conservative). Get a hold of a usgi web sling and practice with it

Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #5

Also, I would not just assume that your son is too young to shoot. I just finished working the line at an Appleseed in New Philadelphia, Ohio that had an eight yr old. Dad helped us insure safety and he did very well. Came within one shot of a perfect red coat target which is better than I have ever done. Check out www.appleseedinfo.com for info. Go to the forum and look for Ohio AARs New Philly and check out the pictures and comments. Hope to see you on the line.

Srb4085 (Corvette)