Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Ammo trade meeting in rockland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ammo trade meeting in rockland

Hey guys i think it'll be great if we all post ammo we have no use for so we can sell it to each other due to the shortage. I got 7.62x54R I can sell 100 rounds if anyone need message me or to trade for 22 ,22 lr , 22 s
We can all help each other

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5321

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1GARANDBING View Post
Hey guys i think it'll be great if we all post ammo we have no use for so we can sell it to each other due to the shortage. I got 7.62x54R I can sell 100 rounds if anyone need message me or to trade for 22 ,22 lr , 22 s
We can all help each other
I would do some trading with you M1, but Chautauqua County is a long way from Orange County. Any trades would involve shipping to say the least.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

I would do some trading with you M1, but Chautauqua County is a long way from Orange County. Any trades would involve shipping to say the least.
Is it legal to ship ammo?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

through UPS, yes. The SAFE act does not forbid private sales of ammo, and the no ship clause goes into effect next January. At that point, shipping with still be legal, but it will have to be shipped to a liscensed dealer, who will then do the background check and paperwork. Suposedly.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
through UPS, yes. The SAFE act does not forbid private sales of ammo, and the no ship clause goes into effect next January. At that point, shipping with still be legal, but it will have to be shipped to a liscensed dealer, who will then do the background check and paperwork. Suposedly.
Cool I have 7.62 x 54R do you have any 22 or 45 colt?

Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Cool I have 7.62 x 54R do you have any 22 or 45 colt?
Got about 3800 rounds of .22 LR, and 1900 rounds of .45 ACP. Keeping what I have for now though, the supply has dried up out here. As far as 7.62X54R, I'm sitting on about1400 rounds right now with another 440 due in the next 2 days.

People out here thought I was nuts 20 years ago when I started buying 1 to 3 boxes a week, and I got into reloading. All I have to say to them is who's laughing now?

>22ammo.net is doing a raffle for 1,000 rounds of .22 LR. They are based in your area, and the raflle is set up so the proceeds go to buying ammo for summer shooting programs here in NY. So far, the only bid is $140 from an out of stater. Shipping is included, and for an extra $20, they will throw in another 100 rounds of CCI Stingers for the winning bidder.here's a link:

http://22ammo.net/

Si vis pacem parabellum.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Got about 3800 rounds of .22 LR, and 1900 rounds of .45 ACP. Keeping what I have for now though, the supply has dried up out here. As far as 7.62X54R, I'm sitting on about1400 rounds right now with another 440 due in the next 2 days.

People out here thought I was nuts 20 years ago when I started buying 1 to 3 boxes a week, and I got into reloading. All I have to say to them is who's laughing now?

>22ammo.net is doing a raffle for 1,000 rounds of .22 LR. They are based in your area, and the raflle is set up so the proceeds go to buying ammo for summer shooting programs here in NY. So far, the only bid is $140 from an out of stater. Shipping is included, and for an extra $20, they will throw in another 100 rounds of CCI Stingers for the winning bidder.here's a link:

http://22ammo.net/
Wow are you stocked up well I'm only 21 and its too late to start stocking up hopefully soon everyone can get the ammo they need again like normal. Thanks for the link, btw why so much 45acp? You got a tommy gun?!

Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #8
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Wow are you stocked up well I'm only 21 and its too late to start stocking up hopefully soon everyone can get the ammo they need again like normal. Thanks for the link, btw why so much 45acp? You got a tommy gun?!
Don't I wish! Nope, I just have a 1911 and a Marlin Camp .45 rifle. I also have a lot of time on my hands, and plenty of time to try out some new hand load recipes. It's real nice during deer season because all of my 1911 mags will fit the rifle if needed. and I only have to carry one caliber. I usually have both with me when I hog hunt out here. A lot of sign in my area, and 3 of my friends have taken one down within a mile of where I enter the woods. I just prefer the knock down of the caliber. That and about half of my collection (including the above pieces) were passed down to me, with reloading gear and the ammo by my dad when he stopped hunting.

It's not too late to start stocking up. just buy one or two boxes of what you need whenever you see then out. If your not using an autoloader, you can run shorts and longs in the .22 long rifle, or with an auto, manually cycle it. Quite a few sporting goods stores and departments have .22 shorts and .22 LR in sub-sonic that will work in all .22 LR guns. Just do it he way I still do it now. a couple boxes at a time when you can afford it, and get a reloading set up and the other components as you can. Follow the recipes in the book until you have some experience at it, then do a little reasonable doctoring with your powder charges and bullet weights. Reloading will pay for it's self within the first couple of years. That's how I stated ahead.

Si vis pacem parabellum.

Last edited by kfox75; 04-29-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Don't I wish! Nope, I just have a 1911 and a Marlin Camp .45 rifle. I also have a lot of time on my hands, and plenty of time to try out some new hand load recipes. It's real nice during deer season because all of my 1911 mags will fit the rifle if needed. and I only have to carry one caliber. I usually have both with me when I hog hunt out here. A lot of sign in my area, and 3 of my friends have taken one down within a mile of where I enter the woods. I just prefer the knock down of the caliber. That and about half of my collection (including the above pieces) were passed down to me, with reloading gear and the ammo by my dad when he stopped hunting.

It's not too late to start stocking up. just buy one or two boxes of what you need whenever you see then out. If your not using an autoloader, you can run shorts and longs in the .22 long rifle, or with an auto, manually cycle it. Quite a few sporting goods stores and departments have .22 shorts and .22 LR in sub-sonic that will work in all .22 LR guns. Just do it he way I still do it now. a couple boxes at a time when you can afford it, and get a reloading set up and the other components as you can. Follow the recipes in the book until you have some experience at it, then do a little reasonable doctoring with your powder charges and bullet weights. Reloading will pay for it's self within the first couple of years. That's how I stated ahead.
Well that's what I'm doing hope to find a treasure of ammo somewhere. Is reloading expensive? Easy? Never did it sounds cool

Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #10
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Well that's what I'm doing hope to find a treasure of ammo somewhere. Is reloading expensive? Easy? Never did it sounds cool
Cost my dad a couple hundred to get into it during the 80s. He bought a Lee press for rifle and pistol calibers, and an RCBS press for 12 and 20 gauge. ullets, Brass, primers, powder, shot, and wadding depend on what size, type and caliber. When you shoot with the factory rounds you have, save your brass, and find friends who don't reload and ask if you can have their brass. When you buy factory ammo, check to see if it is Berden (shell would have to be drilled to reload) or boxer ( pop out the primer with the proper die in the reloading kit) when you buy it.

Is it worth getting into? I would say yes, but I shoot roughly 100 to 400 rounds per month (medically retired, too much time on my hands), and by reloading .45, .223, .357/.38, and 7X57 MM I actually spend about half as much as I would buying off the shelf before the panic set in. About 70% now that the panic has set in. SHotgun wise, my cost is about 40 to 45% of off the shelf, and I can make shells with whatever single shot size or blend I want for the game I am hunting, and cheap "clays rounds stay just that. Cheap.

As far as easy goes, stick with the recipies in the book when you start, and run with them until you have more experience. Check out the reloading forum on here for recomendations on what works well for some of the others on here with similar guns and calibers to what you have. There are a lot of us on here who reload and hand load, not just to save money, but to build rounds for a specific purpose.

For example, my uncle (not a member yet, but I'm working on him) has some hand loads for his .30-06s that I just refer to as "make the hit the first time, you don't want to shoot one of these again". otherwise known as 20 grain, lead round nose with a copper gas check. I can vouch for the fact that you will be looking for an ice pack when you get home, and making an apointment with your chiropractor the next morning. The reason why, he used to hunt elk in Colorado, and if your elk waners into a wildlife area, you can't drag it out with a vehicle. Not dropping it where it stands can lead to a very long drag on foot with a 1200 pound animal.

On the other side of the spectrum, I have made some sabot rounds for my 7X57 MM that use a 55 grain .223 bullet in a 7X57 case that are perfect for long range woodchucks and coyotes. They give you a faster bullet that has less drop at longer ranges. Beibg able to tailor the load for a specific type of game or situation, is the main reason I got in to hand loading.

Reloading costs some cash to get into, but i find it to be a fun and worthwhile hobby. Hope this helps.

Si vis pacem parabellum.