Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New Mexico Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f144/)
-   -   So, new mexico.....:) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f144/so-new-mexico-92707/)

hawkguy 06-22-2013 11:57 PM

So, new mexico.....:)
 
so, a question for the fine residents of the state of new mexico....:)

scoring ammo is still pretty difficult in my neck of the woods. but i will be traveling through NM sometime in august....so.....:o

how is the ammo availability in NM? any places where i might make a big score or two? really looking for 22 & 223 (like everybody else i suppose)...:rolleyes:

thanks!

hawkguy 06-28-2013 08:45 PM

*crickets* :p

come on, guys! i promise to buy modest amounts! :)

PanBaccha 06-29-2013 12:50 AM

No reply yet? Must be a state secret. :D

hawkguy 06-29-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 1289732)
No reply yet? Must be a state secret. :D

honestly, if ammo supply in NM are as bad as around here...I totally understand!

Bigcountry02 06-30-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1283703)
so, a question for the fine residents of the state of new mexico....:)

scoring ammo is still pretty difficult in my neck of the woods. but i will be traveling through NM sometime in august....so.....:o

how is the ammo availability in NM? any places where i might make a big score or two? really looking for 22 & 223 (like everybody else i suppose)...:rolleyes:

thanks!

Sorry, sleeping at the wheel. Playing with photos on the Mossberg MVP Varmint range time.

In Albuquerque, not sure about the rest of the state.

Current purchase of ammo on base is limited 2 boxes per caliber. They had a massive amount of 20 round boxes of various .223 and 5.56. Good amount of 9mm, 45 ACP, they were out of .22LR.

Sportsman's Warehouse will not be getting amount for another week or 2 weeks due to distribution warehouse is being re-located.

I have return to Dick's that have been allowing 1 box bulk per customer, 3 box 20 rounds per customer either pick.

I was talking at the range and new LGS on Central Ave, Omni guns just opened up and had a very good assortment of ammo of all makes. They have 1000 rounds of .223 for $441 bulk buy!

hawkguy 06-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 1291380)
Sorry, sleeping at the wheel. Playing with photos on the Mossberg MVP Varmint range time.

In Albuquerque, not sure about the rest of the state.

Current purchase of ammo on base is limited 2 boxes per caliber. They had a massive amount of 20 round boxes of various .223 and 5.56. Good amount of 9mm, 45 ACP, they were out of .22LR.

Sportsman's Warehouse will not be getting amount for another week or 2 weeks due to distribution warehouse is being re-located.

I have return to Dick's that have been allowing 1 box bulk per customer, 3 box 20 rounds per customer either pick.

I was talking at the range and new LGS on Central Ave, Omni guns just opened up and had a very good assortment of ammo of all makes. They have 1000 rounds of .223 for $441 bulk buy!

thanks for info. sounds somewhat similar, but perhaps a little better, than my area of texas right now. i'm mostly looking for 22 right now, but 223 at a good price is always welcome.

Bigcountry02 07-01-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1291431)
thanks for info. sounds somewhat similar, but perhaps a little better, than my area of texas right now. i'm mostly looking for 22 right now, but 223 at a good price is always welcome.

Kirtland AFB newest military exchange and also gun shop! The .22LR was gone, even allowing only 2 boxes per customer. They did have some .22 Magnums!

If you hitting the shops:

- Big 5 has ammo on Thursday morning
- Dick's has ammo on Friday morning - 1 main box per person, per visit.
- Sportsman's Warehouse has ammo on Friday morning, if truck is delayed, then Saturday. I think it is 3 boxes per person, per visit.
- Sports Authority, not sure.

- The small LGS vary, it is a hit and miss.

hawkguy 07-02-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 1291855)
Kirtland AFB newest military exchange and also gun shop! The .22LR was gone, even allowing only 2 boxes per customer. They did have some .22 Magnums!

If you hitting the shops:

- Big 5 has ammo on Thursday morning
- Dick's has ammo on Friday morning - 1 main box per person, per visit.
- Sportsman's Warehouse has ammo on Friday morning, if truck is delayed, then Saturday. I think it is 3 boxes per person, per visit.
- Sports Authority, not sure.

- The small LGS vary, it is a hit and miss.

hey...thanks! i really appreciate the "inside scoop!" wish me luck! :p

Bigcountry02 07-02-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1292621)
hey...thanks! i really appreciate the "inside scoop!" wish me luck! :p

Good Luck and Happy Ammo Hunting!

Judge 07-14-2013 02:52 AM

Patriot Outdoors, Clovis, NM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.