Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > Pa to nj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pa to nj

I live in PA and I want to brin my gun to a range in NJ to shot with my dad and friends what do I need to do and do I need paper work please help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #2

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew161 View Post
I live in PA and I want to brin my gun to a range in NJ to shot with my dad and friends what do I need to do and do I need paper work please help
You need to invite your dad and friends to PA. Bringing a handgun into NJ is a perilous act, your CCW is useless here and once you stop you are no longer transporting. It is no urban legend that cops will wait outside a range if they spot out of state tags on a vehicle...

If you do decide to transport your handgun leave the high cap mags in PA and no hollow points. Matter of fact it's best to leave all the ammo at home and buy it at the range or shoot your dad's.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hollow points are legal in nj to transport to and from pro shop and or range from house. If you commit a crime and have hollow point bullets just the bullet tip not a full round you face an extra 14 months per bullet tip. A kid in jersey got poped for marijuana and had a silver plated hollow point key ring and the prosecutor charged him and added 14 months to his sentence. Jersey likes to stack charges. 15 round max on mags. As far as pistols go ur pretty safe just no hi cap mags. And just remember dnt stop. Having your ccw will help some because ur covered under fopa. But all firearms in new jersey are considered illegal with a few exceptions.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Don't do it. The last person who took guns into NJ was jailed and ruined for life. Even when he was following the proper procedure they arrested him and caused him endless misery. A young man was moving to NJ due to a job, wanted to bring his guns, called in advance inquiring the law, he followed the law and was jailed as a criminal.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6
Don't do it. The last person who took guns into NJ was jailed and ruined for life. Even when he was following the proper procedure they arrested him and caused him endless misery. A young man was moving to NJ due to a job, wanted to bring his guns, called in advance inquiring the law, he followed the law and was jailed as a criminal.
He only got arrested because he had hi cap mags. U can move out of state to say Arizona. Become a resident of the state. Buy as Many guns as u want. And if and when u move back to jersey registration is voluntary as long as there "jersey legal". Which is kind of an oxymoron. There was a case where a guy was traveling through jersey with hi cap mags call ahead and got the ok the travel through jersey with them. Got pulled over and arrested. He was covered under fopa but the Burlington county judge through out the evidence proving he was not guilty. The same judge did not charge a cop after being caught performing sexual acts with farm animals. the judge sad that there were no beastiality laws in the town and animal cruelty can't apply because they couldn't ask the animal if he liked it or not. Needless not say Chris christy asked the judge to step down and gave the guy a pardon. Just being a gun owner in jersey makes you a 2nd class citizen. Check out this video it's well worth watching if u live in or around jersey.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewldevil1 View Post
He only got arrested because he had hi cap mags...
Brian Aitken, convicted in August of the dubious charge of “unlawful possession of a weapon,” followed the very letter of New Jersey gun law and was wrongly fully imprisoned for his trouble.

Mr. Aitken moved from Colorado to New Jersey in order to live near his ex-wife and their child. In the process of moving his belongings which included three handguns legally purchased in Colorado, Mr. Aitken’s was detained at his mother’s home after she discussed Brian’s mental state with a police officer. Mr. Aitken was arrested for illegally transporting a weapon, even though he was clearly well within the bounds of state and federal law.

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/it-can-happen-to-you/

Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That second guy is the same
Guy I'm talking about. He got a pardon.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #8

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Like New York, many New Jersey prosecutors and Police Depts view FOPA as a defense to be asserted during your trial. The safe harbor provisions of the law will not protect you if you stray from the exact wording. There are dozens of cases where travelers that were stranded or chose to spend a night's layover in NJ were popped for unlawful posession...hell NJ even arrested a Federal Agent for carrying while not engaged in official business of the Government.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-14-2012, 02:43 AM   #9
Supporting Member

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
Like New York, many New Jersey prosecutors and Police Depts view FOPA as a defense to be asserted during your trial. The safe harbor provisions of the law will not protect you if you stray from the exact wording. There are dozens of cases where travelers that were stranded or chose to spend a night's layover in NJ were popped for unlawful posession...hell NJ even arrested a Federal Agent for carrying while not engaged in official business of the Government.
Ba-nanas absolutely bananas!!!
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #10

Liked 1755 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Just wondering if the good people of NJ would stand for the trampling of their right to free speech also. What is it about states on the coast? Seems like everyone who lives near an ocean is seriously devoid of common sense.