no to a permit? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > no to a permit?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

The BAFT & E has issued about 700 waivers each year to convicted criminals to allow them to own a firearm.

These former criminals have become pillars of good in their respective communities and own businesses that handle large sums of money thereby requiring ownership of a fiream for protection.

eldar

Old 12-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by strix View Post
I feel sorry for you, but it go's to show how messed up our legal system is that they would put a gun in the hands of someone like you besides owning a car dealership I have a non profit company that helps kids everyday. So if that is a bad guy then yeah I'm happy to be one
Strix, Hossfly's point is simple, you are the one who broke the law and have a felony, so it is your problem to deal with now. and sad to say, yes in the eye's of the law, you are a bad guy. irregardless of what you do now, you are in some ways defined by your past actions. at some point in your past, due to some poor judgement or bad choices, you commited a felony, and now you have to live with it. don't dog on Hossfly because he can own a firearm any you can't. we all make choices in our life everyday, and some if bad can come back to haunt us later. i think you are finding this out the hard way. some of us have owned firearms for many, many years and make choices as to not endanger that right to legally own them. this is something you should have thought about in the past.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Strix, Hossfly's point is simple, you are the one who broke the law and have a felony, so it is your problem to deal with now. and sad to say, yes in the eye's of the law, you are a bad guy. irregardless of what you do now, you are in some ways defined by your past actions. at some point in your past, due to some poor judgement or bad choices, you commited a felony, and now you have to live with it. don't dog on Hossfly because he can own a firearm any you can't. we all make choices in our life everyday, and some if bad can come back to haunt us later. i think you are finding this out the hard way. some of us have owned firearms for many, many years and make choices as to not endanger that right to legally own them. this is something you should have thought about in the past.
Not dogging him cause he can own one, speaking to him in that way for his poor choice of words. I respect and fully understand yours.

PS. As for speaking to a lawyer I did before filling out the forms, he told me to try on my own before using him and if I get denied then call him for help.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by strix View Post
Not dogging him cause he can own one, speaking to him in that way for his poor choice of words. I respect and fully understand yours.

PS. As for speaking to a lawyer I did before filling out the forms, he told me to try on my own before using him and if I get denied then call him for help.
well Hossfly tends to be a little blunt with the truth. that's why many here like him. he doesn't sugarcoat things and dance around a subject. that's also why he would be a poor choice as a politician.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #45

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by strix

I feel sorry for you, but it go's to show how messed up our legal system is that they would put a gun in the hands of someone like you besides owning a car dealership I have a non profit company that helps kids everyday. So if that is a bad guy then yeah I'm happy to be one
OK, so you are above the law in your mind ---
And a real sweetheart ----
Loads to ya---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #46
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9561 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Folks, its time for this thread to draw to a close.

To the original poster- as has been explained several times, no matter what sentence you actually served, if you were convicted of a felony, then Federal law (18 US Code, Section 922) makes it a felony for you to possess a firearm. Until you have a government action that restores your right to possess a gun, it remains illegal.

We are not lawyers- even if we are, we are not YOUR lawyers. You need to seek competent legal counsel from an attorney in YOUR state.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Closed Thread