NJ mass shooting - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > NJ mass shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sadly, that is why we will never be able to carry in New Jersey

Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's the reason you should be able to carry.

forumrunner_20120813_193310.jpg  

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1795 Times on 1093 Posts
Likes Given: 2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Man. What is it with all these spree killings lately? It seems like there is a new one every couple of days. What the hell is going on?

Of note I personally took away from this story:
  1. The guy got into an argument, left the store, went to his car, acquired said hardware and returned to the store
  2. Store employees saw what he was doing and locked the door in an attempt to keep him out.
  3. He shot out a window and made his way in anyways.
  4. Police arrived after he had killed two people and himself.
A CCW holder in that situation could have made all the difference in the world. The police can not be everywhere and this is a classic example of people needing every second and the cops being minutes away.

I urge everyone who reads this story to actively consider carrying your legally owned and permitted weapon everywhere you go (courthouse and federal buildings aside).

JD
I agree with your urging. If you can carry you should wherever possible. Unfortunately, this is in NJ where, like NY, it's almost impossible to get CCW and they have no reciprocity.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

There arent any more shootings. In fact i read a story where there are far fewer happening. What IS occuring is a shark scare. Back in the 90's there were shark attack stories in the media left and right couldnt go two nites without hearing about some shark biting someone. If you listened to the media you would have thought there was an epidemic. As it turned out that particular year had the fewest shark attacks in recorded US and World history.

The media latches onto themes like this to sell add space. Before the colorado shooting there wasnt much if any coverage of shootings. Ratings for the colorado batman shooting were through the roof. So the media is capitalizing on every tragic event that occurs to sell ad space.

Put that on top with the desperation of the non-existant audience for the big outlets (excepting foxnews) they all are trying to get ratings from fox.

Its nothing more than another shark scare in a disgusting attempt to capitalize on tragic events.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
How the hell did the guy get an AK in New Jersey?! And what permit lets you drive around with a loaded one in your car?

Isn't there like a state law that instantly made him into public enemy number one merely for wanting one?

Yeah those gun laws are really keeping the folks in the garden state safe.
The BGs seem to get their hands on whatever they need, but I can't own a 30 round magazine or a collapsible stock! He broke a law when he put those firearms in his car and went to work. In NJ, when you place a firearm in your automobile, if you're not on your way from home to the range or on your way back home from the range, you're breaking the law. No deviation allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
So...He legally (or illegally) actually had an AK47?
Well, that's what it seems, the media is either grossly misleading us or are correct when they say it was an AK47. but its seems that is what all outlets are calling it. Also stating that it was a banned weapon in NJ.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #16

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
How the hell did the guy get an AK in New Jersey?! And what permit lets you drive around with a loaded one in your car?

Isn't there like a state law that instantly made him into public enemy number one merely for wanting one?

Yeah those gun laws are really keeping the folks in the garden state safe.
Yes, in NJ all AKs and AK-like weapons are banned.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1134 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
The BGs seem to get their hands on whatever they need, but I can't own a 30 round magazine or a collapsible stock! He broke a law when he put those firearms in his car and went to work. In NJ, when you place a firearm in your automobile, if you're not on your way from home to the range or on your way back home from the range, you're breaking the law. No deviation allowed.

Well, that's what it seems, the media is either grossly misleading us or are correct when they say it was an AK47. but its seems that is what all outlets are calling it. Also stating that it was a banned weapon in NJ.

so we must make more laws to ban this gun because the gun is so scary and violent
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #18

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Not to upset anyone and don't take this note the wrong way but I find it highly interesting that almost all of them are vets.
That's why a few years ago DHS tried to label all vets as potential terrorists. Texas Tower was a vet, so was the JFK thing. It scared/s govt that trained people could have access to weapons upon rejoining the civilian population.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Vets are at the top of Obama's list too, unless they have ties to al Qaeda (fort hood).

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Vets are at the top of Obama's list too, unless they have ties to al Qaeda (fort hood).
dont forget about hamas. the dems love being buddy buddy with those mass murderers. i think its funny that the ONLY mass murderers that the dems dont like are the ones using guns...

bombs, poison gas, knives, strangling, stoning, hanging, beheading, drunk driving, machettes, axes, chainsaws, wood chippers, clubs, all A-OK!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...