New jersey firearms - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > New jersey firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfusatf
You would be lucky if you get it in 6-7 days I know some are waiting up to 20 days, good luck!
NICS in NJ has been taking from 14-18 days but there are current reports that the time is dropping. Not sure when it will get back to "instant."

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo067
Well I'd just like to say I received my ID and permit last Tuesday June 4th!! I already bought a 9mm after a good amount of time researching. I had purchased the FNS-9 awesome gun even though I did not fire it yet...I am currently waiting AGAIN for the NICS background check.

Apparently it takes up to 6-7 days an they hold my gun for me even after I purchased in full....ugh what else are they going to do to make me wait even longer!
What kind of magazines are those? I was under the impression that the 9mm mags are 17 round, which are not legal in NJ. I want to purchase that pistol or the FNX, but I'm opting for the .40 since they come with 14 round mags.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 06-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #13

Hey guys I spoke too soon yesterday, I received a call that i was cleared to pick it up. Took approximately three days (actually less technically) after purchasing it on Sunday! I'm excited but can't find any 9mm ammo apparently all ammo is short supplied. This gun contains a 10 round magazine which sucks but it comes with three. I guess in jersey it's illegal to have a 17 round mag for this?

image-2087741585.jpg  

Old 06-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #14

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes, 15 is the max, not sure where you live but Dicks in Princeton has 9mm as of today, call first I'm going there shortly for some. That was fast good luck with new gun.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Hey guys I spoke too soon yesterday, I received a call that i was cleared to pick it up. Took approximately three days (actually less technically) after purchasing it on Sunday! I'm excited but can't find any 9mm ammo apparently all ammo is short supplied. This gun contains a 10 round magazine which sucks but it comes with three. I guess in jersey it's illegal to have a 17 round mag for this?
Man you are lucky. I bought a r1 on may 1st and got cleared by nics may19th. I hope it is that short when I pick up my m9 on the 19th of June. Got to wait those 31 days between handguns.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #16

Thanks guys, I live in Marlton but bought my FNS in Winslow (both New Jersey towns). I called dicks in deptford, nj they apparently have 9mm in! I'm watching my 5 month old today I may just have to drag her with me lol well see! Anyone know a good affordable shooting range in the south jersey area?? If not that's ok.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #17

@rugerlover what I did was i called them the next day (Monday) and asked them or more so told them a buddy of mine bought his firearm and called/did the NICS check right in front of him and got to take his home that day...

Old 06-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
@rugerlover what I did was i called them the next day (Monday) and asked them or more so told them a buddy of mine bought his firearm and called/did the NICS check right in front of him and got to take his home that day...
Yeah that's how it was done before sandy. I heard (from a state trooper) that nics is doing 5 levels of checks , municipal ,county, state, federal , and international! This is insane if this is true. They should give us cc permit. Ha I couldn't even type that without laughing

Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #19

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Range #14 at Fort Dix, $65 for the year, $4 an hour, $3 for targets up to 200 yards great place to go no indoor range.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 13

mondo067.....

Don't know where in Winslow you purchased your gun, but there is a range there.......

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/

I wouldn't call it cheap, but if you shoot a lot, the cost may even out for ya.

Also, Tip's Hardware is building a big indoor range right off Parkway exit #58, it's supposed to open in the next couple of months.....

http://www.shootersnj.net/

They are offing memberships, and also walk-in's at an hourly rate.....

The only other indoor range I know of in South Jersey is Bob's Little Sport Shop on Rt.#47 in Glassboro.....

For ammo.....Tip's Hardware in West Creek....(just north of Tuckerton on Rt.#9).....they've been limiting purchases to 2 boxes per customer as of 2 weeks ago....

Last edited by SurfGuitar; 06-14-2013 at 12:39 AM.