More documentation??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > More documentation???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
What grinds my gears even more is that one town over in eatontown, my sister got her purchase permit in less than 30 days. She just picked hers up yesterday.
I feel like if I make a stink about it with the PD, they will just put me in the bottom of the pile. What's a person to do? I suppose I am relegated to just sitting tight and waiting.
Btw this is another perfect example of why I'm heading out of the armpit of America called New Jersey.
That's how they get away with it. The Courts in NJ have ruled that the 30 day requirement doesn't matter. Try that excuse if you have to go to court...I was too busy to show up on time, I'll get back to you in a few weeks.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
That's how they get away with it. The Courts in NJ have ruled that the 30 day requirement doesn't matter. Try that excuse if you have to go to court...I was too busy to show up on time, I'll get back to you in a few weeks.
Ugh. "It's cooler by the shore" is wearing thin on me. There are like 1,850 other miles of shoreline in the US...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Ugh. "It's cooler by the shore" is wearing thin on me. There are like 1,850 other miles of shoreline in the US...
Yeah but how many have a Snooki?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Yeah but how many have a Snooki?
HA! For 15 years I've lived full time on the Jersey Shore, though I summered here as a kid. I've always had a strong connection with this area. But I have never wanted to distance myself from here before until the past 2 years. From the horrible job market to Snooki! I say that as a joke, though there is some good, the bad side of the scale seems to be getting heavier and heavier. Rationalizing my property value dropping with, "well I'm across the street from a lake and less than a mile from the beach" doesn't work any more. Everything costs so damn much here besides gasoline. If I had one or two good job prospects then; the crappy weather in the winter and end of summer, and the dropping property values, and the horrible infrastructure and the terrible 2nd amendment rights, and the higher by the year cost of living and tuition bills skyrockets, would all be mildly bearable.

I had to rant on a bit. I am being proactive in terms of looking for work out of the state I have to say, so there will be a move for me and my family in the near future, not sure when, but the sooner the better.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow i feel pretty fortunate living in my town after hearing all the horror stories from ur nj towns really sorry to hear guys... I waited a couple weeks to a month for my NJFPID and anytime i want pistol permits i fill out the paperwork and i get them back in about a day-a week... The detective that issues my permits is a pretty cool guy and always jokes with me when i apply for more permits.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJJP17 View Post
Wow i feel pretty fortunate living in my town after hearing all the horror stories from ur nj towns really sorry to hear guys... I waited a couple weeks to a month for my NJFPID and anytime i want pistol permits i fill out the paperwork and i get them back in about a day-a week... The detective that issues my permits is a pretty cool guy and always jokes with me when i apply for more permits.
What town are you in...maybe I'll move.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hightstown/east windsor

Old 02-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wish I were that fortunate. I have a good rapport with the gentleman that is in charge of the filings, but the captain signs off on all of the purchase permits and obviously Long Branch is quite backed up and that is the reason I'm told. Sucks.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #19

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewldevil1 View Post
It's sad but in some towns the wait is over a year. If u know some one it will be a lot quicker. Mine took about 2 months in Randolph. Just keep calling the issuing officer and ask nicely how much longer it will be.
Wow, did you piss Kathy off? I applied for mine in Randolph (FID & 4 P2P) and got them both yesterday. That is exactly four weeks from the initial application and less than two weeks from when my references were returned. I wrote a nice e-mail of thanks to the chief for the quick and professional handling of this.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3151 Times on 1818 Posts
Likes Given: 2006

Hey, drvsafe - I personally like your list of sidearms in your signature area, but it might be a good idea to remove them temporarily, until all the baloney is past. Just sayin'.