Lion X6 Semi-Auto Shotgun
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum >

Lion X6 Semi-Auto Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Lion X6 Semi-Auto Shotgun

I just picked up the Lion X6 semi-auto shotgun. It is made in Turkey by Derya. I never heard of them until recently, and picked mine up from a place just across the river from Jersey in PA (General defense outfitters). I am shocked at how nice it really is. It feels and shoots like a Belelli, and can take any kind of load. I paid just under $400 and its worth every penny. Does anyone else have one of these? Any pro's or con's you found? So far, I've only found pro's.

They are putting out a bunch of different models now, including a trap gun. They look nice, but I can't justify buying another.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but since I was so happy with them, I'm giving the link to their website>>> http://www.gdousa.com/

Here is a pic of my actual shotgun>>>Lion X6 Semi-Auto Shotgun - New Jersey Gun Forum

Last edited by mb104; 04-16-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

quite honestly, never heard of them before. but good luck and let us know how it hold up long term. might be one of those under-appreciated guns that's a good bang for the buck.
Warlock999 Likes This 
Old 04-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #3

The ergonomics on this gun are perfect. Everything is where I'd want it to be. It fires smooth, and the compensator reduces the kick tremendously. This is more than half off the price of the Benelli and seems to shoot as good or better. I've never had a semi-auto shotgun before, but I've used the Remington 11-87 at work for years. I loved that shotgun, but actually like this more. It just feels better. From what the dealer told me, these are coming in now, and he's got many on back-order.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #4

Liked 2512 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 577

The big downside is if something breaks, there can be problems finding parts.

A friend has a Turkish made Charles Daley shotgun that looks pretty similar. First he lost the tool for adjusting the gas system, and then a part broke. He hasn't been able to find parts, and the gun has sat for over a year.

Not saying that you'd will have any problems, but sometimes the cost goes toward a proven track record of reliability, as well as an ability to get service.

Hope yours works well. It looks pretty cool.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #5

I've been assured by the dealer that parts are readily available, and any future upgrades will be provided to any past buyers for free.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #6

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I was going to buy a Tristar shotgun to have as a loaner. Before I bought the gun I called Tristar about a set of chokes. The reply was if we have the chokes in stock. Needless to say I didn't buy a Tristar.

I would strongly advise one to check on the availability of parts before buying a imported gun. Be wary of ATI. Once the guns are gone ATI often dumps the parts and it's on you to find them.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I was going to buy a Tristar shotgun to have as a loaner. Before I bought the gun I called Tristar about a set of chokes. The reply was if we have the chokes in stock. Needless to say I didn't buy a Tristar.

I would strongly advise one to check on the availability of parts before buying a imported gun. Be wary of ATI. Once the guns are gone ATI often dumps the parts and it's on you to find them.
i bought a Tri-Star semi-auto a couple of years ago and it came with three choke tubes in their own case in the box, hmmmm..........
Warlock999 Likes This 
Old 11-13-2014, 04:20 AM   #8

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb104 View Post
I just picked up the Lion X6 semi-auto shotgun. It is made in Turkey by Derya. I never heard of them until recently, and picked mine up from a place just across the river from Jersey in PA (General defense outfitters). I am shocked at how nice it really is. It feels and shoots like a Belelli, and can take any kind of load. I paid just under $400 and its worth every penny. Does anyone else have one of these? Any pro's or con's you found? So far, I've only found pro's.

They are putting out a bunch of different models now, including a trap gun. They look nice, but I can't justify buying another.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but since I was so happy with them, I'm giving the link to their website>>> http://www.gdousa.com/

Here is a pic of my actual shotgun>>>Lion X6 Semi-Auto Shotgun - New Jersey Gun Forum
Got a great deal from Gunnar on a Savage Axis last year...have been looking at the trap model of that line but haven't pulled the trigger yet...no pun intended.

Lion X6 Semi-Auto Shotgun - New Jersey Gun Forum
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

So I wanted to give a follow-up to my original post. I've shot the crap out of this thing and I can honestly say I love it. Solid gun, lighter than expected recoil, it eats whatever I give it, has shot flawlessly, and is fun to shoot. I've had zero issues with it, and its now my favorite of my three shotguns.

I'm in no way connected with the dealer, but I do know there are a few for sale in his shop. I got it from General Defense Outfitters in New Hope PA. If you can get one, get one.