firearms id renewal - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > firearms id renewal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextersmom View Post
I've herd rumors that if you went through the State Police, they sit on the application then finally send them in, at their leisure! I'm live in Monmouth County so I went through my local PD , took 3 months for FID and permit to purchase. 2nd permit to purchase came through in 4 weeks!

I wish ya luck with the State police!
it looks like the rumor is truth lol... i wish i could have taken it to a local police station but we dont have one in our township...so i am stuck dealing with the state police

Old 02-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #12

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwickcut View Post
i didnt think that a non resident could buy ammo in Pa, i am in philly monday through friday for work.. i will have to look into this
Sure you can...I buy 100% of my ammo in PA, Targetmaster in Chadds Ford specifically. Buy it by the case, no ID, no questions, no log books...just cash and carry.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Sure you can...I buy 100% of my ammo in PA, Targetmaster in Chadds Ford specifically. Buy it by the case, no ID, no questions, no log books...just cash and carry.
thanks i will have to check them out

Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
Man both your states suck. In Florida you just show them your money and walk out. No different that buying a big gulp. Why do you have to show them your drivers license? To make sure you can drive home?
The store may not make you show an id., but they better not get caught selling ammo to minors. Bartenders do not have to card you either, but...

Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #15

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Why do you have to renew your FID? When I got mine in NJ they told me it was good for life.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Why do you have to renew your FID? When I got mine in NJ they told me it was good for life.
In Massachusetts they used to say the same thing about the fid and ltc. I've had people show up in the shop with their 'good for life' cards and I had to inform them if they were carrying they were doing so illegally. Good for life= good for nothing.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #17

Liked 39 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

You know that the I.D. stands for? Infringement Device

J

Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #18

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Again, the OP said [i live in a small town in South Jersey the town is so small i had to submitted the F.I.D. application for renewal at the Bridgeton State Police i did so on December 3,2012. i was informed that the process would take 2 to 3 months.. ] I am question this because the current law in NJ does NOT require renewal.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Again, the OP said [i live in a small town in South Jersey the town is so small i had to submitted the F.I.D. application for renewal at the Bridgeton State Police i did so on December 3,2012. i was informed that the process would take 2 to 3 months.. ] I am question this because the current law in NJ does NOT require renewal.
i should have stated it was a renewal for a change of address.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwickcut

i should have stated it was a renewal for a change of address.
Well I'll tell you this. December 2011 I went to apply for a pistol purchase permit (another ridiculous device of NJ infringement) and I was told I had to resubmit some documents pertaining to my FPID along with the required document for the purchase permit. I asked what it was for and was told that it was because my FPID was more than 10 years old. In all it took me a but shy of 3 months to get the purchase permits. I was told the reason it took so long was that they were in the process of having a new captain so there was a backlog. I live in Monmouth county, long branch.
I recently applied for purchase permits and it took almost 2 months to the day to get them.
I sure a $hit hope I don't have to RE-apply for a NEW FPID. Although something tells me......
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56