firearms id renewal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Jersey Gun Forum > firearms id renewal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default firearms id renewal

some background on what has been done..

i live in a small town in South Jersey the town is so small i had to submitted the F.I.D. application for renewal at the Bridgeton State Police i did so on December 3,2012. i was informed that the process would take 2 to 3 months..

i am a believer in the squeaky wheel theory.. so i called every week checking on the status of the application, starting the week of the 17th i called once a week..

during the weeks to follow the trouper in charge of the F.I.D. had changes 3 times, this is not a very good sign to me. every time i call the trooper in charge is not on duty or not available at that time.. i had left my number several times hoping to get a return phone call only to be left waiting.. on 12-31-2013 i was told that the paperwork was in Trenton and they would call me when it came back.

now to present day.. the money order was cashed on 1-25-2013 i was told by my cousin that is on the job " he is a cop in Willingboro " that once the money order was cashed i should have the F.I.D. in about a week. it has been 3 weeks now..

i called the state police today 1-15-2013 and actually spoke the the trooper in charge. he informed me that they had just sent the F.I.D. to Trenton and i should have it back in 3 more weeks..

are they giving me the run around? now i have read and understand that they are trying to pass a new law on the 23 of this month that will require you to have a new F.I.D. that will have your picture on it. i am wondering if they are dragging there feet and then i will have to wait another 12 weeks...

this really sucks i need to buy some handgun ammo and cant.. does anyone have ant input on this.. maybe a number i can call to help it along?

thanks all
kwick

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I've herd rumors that if you went through the State Police, they sit on the application then finally send them in, at their leisure! I'm live in Monmouth County so I went through my local PD , took 3 months for FID and permit to purchase. 2nd permit to purchase came through in 4 weeks!

I wish ya luck with the State police!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2797 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 1622

Why can't you buy ammo? If legal come on over to PA, I'm finding plenty now.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
NJ requires FID card to buy ammo!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #5

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1211

Wow! Talk about stepping on your rights!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

Man your State sucks. In Tennessee just show your drivers license and buy as much as you want. 1 box or any pallet, no forms to fill out.

Yesterday I bought
. 45-250rds. $90.00
. 40-250rds. $70.00
. 380 250rds. $65.00

Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #7

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Wow! Talk about stepping on your rights!
Stepping on our rights would be an improvement, here in NJ they run them over with a truck, grind them up in a shredder then urinate on the scraps.

Last week in Trenton 500 people turned up at the Law and Safety Committee hearings on 24 proposed gun control laws. They were promptly informed by the Chair that their testimony would be heard AFTER the Committee had voted on the measures, that's NJ government in action. Despite overwhelming opposition to the laws, all 24 were voted out of Committee to a full Assembly vote next week.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #8

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Man your State sucks. In Tennessee just show your drivers license and buy as much as you want. 1 box or any pallet, no forms to fill out.

Yesterday I bought
. 45-250rds. $90.00
. 40-250rds. $70.00
. 380 250rds. $65.00
Man both your states suck. In Florida you just show them your money and walk out. No different that buying a big gulp. Why do you have to show them your drivers license? To make sure you can drive home?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 02-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post

Man both your states suck. In Florida you just show them your money and walk out. No different that buying a big gulp. Why do you have to show them your drivers license? To make sure you can drive home?
Like buying cigarettes or alcohol. Just proof of age. Even though I'm 42 I'm still ID'd everywhere for all the above, the law.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #10

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
i didnt think that a non resident could buy ammo in Pa, i am in philly monday through friday for work.. i will have to look into this