Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New Hampshire Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f142/)
-   -   Sig sauer (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f142/sig-sauer-79489/)

clr8ter 12-27-2012 12:00 AM

Sig sauer

Quote:

There's not enough chatter on here. We need to talk more.
Agreed.
So, then. Since we are from NH, what do you you all think about Sig? Up untill earlier this year, I had never given them ANY thought. I knew they were in NH, but always thought their guns were ugly. Then I went on a search for a CC semi-auto gun. My criteria quickly narrowed it down to about 3 guns, the P238 being one of them. This was just before the P938 chatter came up, and the second I heard about the 938, I switched to that. I waited 8 months to get one, and it's fantastic! There are a few (what I think) issues with it, but it is a nice gun, I'm impressed. I did take it back to the LGS for what turned out to be a known mag issue, and the LGS owner said that Sig told him that they would send out 2 new mags and a new mag spring. I would like to think we're getting preferential treatment since we're from NH.

On a side note, does anyone know where exactly the P938 is being made? Exeter? Portsmouth?

jpattersonnh 01-03-2013 09:54 PM

I became a SIG fan years ago. My oldest is a W. German P230 in .380. It is hands down the fastest cycling handgun I own. I do own a second SIG. A P6, a West German Police trade in that was refurbed by SIG. It is the most accurate handgun I own. If I was in the market for a new one, I'd look at SIG 1st. One of my co-workers was looking at his 1st handgun a few months ago, Bought a SIG. He then bought another Sig for carry. He had tried both of mine 1st. Maybe one day a domestic Sig will come home.

clr8ter 01-04-2013 10:12 AM

Nice. I don't know much about the history, just the new stuff that is built next door. I was wondering why no one had seen this thread yet.........

sdiver35 01-04-2013 10:55 AM

Sig does make a fine product. I came across them and purchased two (P220 & P228) while stationed in Germany. Due to divorce I sold those years ago. Since then I've had a P229 chambered in .357 Sig, but got rid of it due to ammo costs. Now I have P226 Combat in 9mm, Scorpion Carry .45, P938 and the 522 in .22 :)

clr8ter 02-09-2013 10:41 AM

So how on earth did you get those 2 German guns imported to the US?

BigBizz87 10-27-2013 12:51 AM

A good friend of mine just purchaseda Sig 229 in 40.S&W I was able to take a few shots with it and I was impressed, quality firearms for sure.

We have a friendly rivalry going now that he owns a Sig because I own an HK and love it lol

activereality 10-27-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBizz87
A good friend of mine just purchaseda Sig 229 in 40.S&W I was able to take a few shots with it and I was impressed, quality firearms for sure. We have a friendly rivalry going now that he owns a Sig because I own an HK and love it lol

Nice. I snagged a Gen 2 SAS P229 barreled in .40 S&W and the drop in barrel for the 357 sig. I love it. It is my EDC and have enjoyed cc'ing it since purchased. I also hand load for it- but that's another story.

I've yet to have any issues with it. I run it with Frog Lube. It has been a great pistol so far.

A co-worker has a P938. He really likes it. Like having a mini-1911.

Mercator 10-27-2013 04:27 AM

As an outsider I envy you guys for the SIG SAUER Academy.

activereality 10-27-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator
As an outsider I envy you guys for the SIG SAUER Academy.

After the Marine Corps. The first pistol I got was a Sig. Since then, I've added a Taurus and a Colt(the new Marine CQB model-well the civil version they offer, I got it for my 30th dde31). I believe that care factor, usage, familiarity and using the tool for its intended purposes will make anything last.

Edited: had to correct "post" to pistol. Lol. Oops.

Mauser_man 11-22-2013 10:19 AM

I own a Sig SP2022. It's a well made gun that's for sure. I like the changeable back straps. However I find it to be a little uncomfortable because of its high bore axis. Plus the hammer does this little bounce thing when you fire it. Kinda weird. My buddy gas the 226 and his hammer does the same thing...other than that it's a great gun.