Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New Hampshire Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f142/)
-   -   Pinnacle Mountain Custom Knives (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f142/pinnacle-mountain-custom-knives-69590/)

clr8ter 08-04-2012 01:50 PM

Pinnacle Mountain Custom Knives

Turns out there is a custom knife maker 3 miles from my house. He has some knives in Lee's Gun Shop in Amherst. My wife & I have been looking for a better quality kitchen knife. So I called the guy. He was there on Sunday, and said to come on over. I was VERY impressed with his shop. He does every part of the knifemaking process, including heat treating & cyro quenching. Could not believe the quality, and the best part is you can custom order a knife, and specify every little detail, all for no money down, and no commitment. (He says that if you don't want it, guaranteed someone else will.)

You can pick the steel, choose (or custom draw) the blade profile, pick the finnish, flat or hollow grind, pick out the scales, in a variety of colors, in a variety of materials, bolster or hilt, or not, solid, or 2 tone handle rivets, ect.

The cost for all of this? $160, 8" kitchen knife, 8 week wait. AWESOME!!

And John Miller's a very nice guy to boot.....

dog2000tj 08-04-2012 02:50 PM

got an address/info? i'm working in Amherst the next few weeks, might swing on by and look into a knew hunting knife

clr8ter 08-05-2012 08:54 PM

Well, Lee's gun shop is located on 101A, just west of the Walmart & on the opposite side. I would recommend stopping because he's a nice guy, and I think he's always got something interesting. Shop's not full, but he recently moved from a MUCH smaller shop, and he's trying to fill the new one.

The knife guy is at 313 Cemetery Road, Lyndeborough. I would call him 1st, he's got a regular job, look up his website, more info there. I will tell you though, LGS has about 8 or so completed knives, but the knife guy has TONS, in all degrees of completion. And, like I said, you can custom request him to build you one. Get in line behind me, LOL.

dog2000tj 08-05-2012 09:02 PM

ooops, my bad. I was thinking this was in Amherst, MA ... no Amhert, NH :o But thanks for the info anyhow, next time i'm in NH now I'll have reason to make a detour :D

clr8ter 08-06-2012 11:20 AM

Yeah, still worth the trip.....

clr8ter 10-06-2012 03:07 AM

So we got our knife. He was not really late, but apologized anyway. He said 8 weeks, and it was. So we go over there to pick it up, HOLY CRAP!! Never have I been so impressed! Awesome knife. Looks great, feels great, sharp as hell. (And comes with lifetime free sharpening.) Best $ we ever spent. Highly recommended.

dog2000tj 10-06-2012 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.......... :cool:

clr8ter 10-06-2012 03:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Flame and Ye shall receive!!

downsouth 10-06-2012 03:37 PM

It looks like a chefs knife..nice
May I ask ..how much ?

dog2000tj 10-06-2012 04:36 PM

B .. E .. A .. utiful!!! Love the wood grain, an excellent selection and well executed ;)