Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New Hampshire Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f142/)
-   -   Outrage in New Hampshire (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f142/outrage-new-hampshire-58435/)

kusterleXD 02-21-2012 07:26 PM

Outrage in New Hampshire

I just came across this article and even though I am not a New Hampshire resident, I felt this guy could use a little support from the FTF community by calling your local representative and expressing your out rage for him being arrested for stopping a criminal by shooting a round into the dirt. Here is the article on Fox News

WHOSNEXT 02-22-2012 06:46 PM

This guys method of handling of the situation hardly seems reckless. He held the bg until the pd showed up with nobody getting hurt or killed. I'm wondering what would the outcome have been if he had either shot the bg or tried to take him down without a firearm? (the guy was a grandfather of 14). I find it hard to believe things would have worked out any better. I just don't see recklessness at all. If this was my neighbor he would be getting a steak dinner on me. Sad that he probably has a legal fight and a lot of attorney bills ahead for doing the right thing.

Gert999 02-22-2012 06:55 PM

Thats just stupid! The man did nothing wrong guys was younger then him and he didn't know what the bg would do. Firing into the ground was the best thing he could do yet he goes to jail and gets his guns taken?? Even after all said and done and if he hopefully gets off on the charges, you think the cops are gonna run to return his weapons??? Not like open season on buglaries in new hamshire

downsouth 02-23-2012 01:33 AM

Hey guys, I'm really glad to see y'all are fired-up about this tragedy of what seems like at best, police over reach. I hope this blows up bigtime.
I'm not trying to mind your business, but if this can happen in a state whos motto is, LIVE FREE OR DIE, it can happen in Mississippi or any where else. Keep it up, I' headed back south now.

kusterleXD 02-23-2012 02:08 PM

I sure hope this guy is an NRA member and that he gets their legal backing on this!

WHOSNEXT 02-23-2012 10:16 PM

Mr Flemming was just cleared on all charges. The report said the Farmington PD did what they should have but since his shot did not pose any danger to anyone he was cleared. Chalk up one for the good guys!

downsouth 02-23-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
Mr Flemming was just cleared on all charges. The report said the Farmington PD did what they should have but since his shot did not pose any danger to anyone he was cleared. Chalk up one for the good guys!

Did he get his guns back?

dog2000tj 02-23-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT (Post 718361)

So by that reasoning eveyrone is guilty in the eyes of LE until someone else determines otherwise? :confused: What happened to common sense, why can't these officers make this determination on there own? If this is the thinking in NH, one of our most free states in the Union, than the Union is lost :(

downsouth 02-23-2012 10:47 PM

Yea, LIVE FREE OR DIE!

jpattersonnh 02-24-2012 08:42 PM

We are changing that to "lock and load".