You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Hampshire Gun Forum >

Hello is anyone out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hello is anyone out there?

Hi, I am coming up next week for a job interview in Concord and wanted to talk to folks about where to look for possible places to live. IE where are the gun toting red necks stay and where are the hives of liberals? But I see that last post was from June so...is anyone out there to ask or did Bloomberg body snatch y'all?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Hello, I don't know much about the Concord area, I live about 40 miles from there. I can tell you that NH is becoming increasingly liberal, we can use some new blood here.

Good luck with your job interview,
Regards,
Lou

Old 09-02-2015, 02:15 AM   #3

Liked 1141 Times on 752 Posts

Concord, NH? Concord, CA? Concord, NC? And those are just the ones I have been to, there may be more. Specifics and details would help.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12731 Times on 6638 Posts
Likes Given: 26809

This thread was posted in the New Hampshire forum.
People Like This 
Old 09-02-2015, 04:46 AM   #5

Liked 1141 Times on 752 Posts

Then there should be a header or something. You know, some of us are not from New England. And rumor is some folks drink booze!
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #6

Default Thanks Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart999 View Post
Hello, I don't know much about the Concord area, I live about 40 miles from there. I can tell you that NH is becoming increasingly liberal, we can use some new blood here.

Good luck with your job interview,
Regards,
Lou
No, I appreciate the info because I am very interested in state politics, and the level of liberalism concerns me but I had heard that NH was a bastion of sanity in the region. From what I have gathered so far people from Boston are flocking to the Manchester area but north of that is still mostly republican. We have been thinking about Bow or Hooksett. I just have to be close to the Concord area. I have heard about the FSP are those folks mostly nut jobs, or are they giving the state a shot of libertarianism? NH appeals to me because of what I perceive the culture to be. That of "give me maximum freedom and let me be responsible for my own life", small on government, big on independence. If that's the case I won't be coming to change it, but help preserve it.
I'm just wondering about what areas to look at and which ones to avoid, this place has low cost of living but this place is all heroin addicts. you know that sort of thing, thanks.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:37 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Bow is nice, Northwood, Barnestead are nice also.Good luck with your move.
Regards

Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #8

Thanks, my realtor kept showing me stuff in Manchester, and I was like it's ok but I don't want to far of a drive.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default NH a place to live

Of all the places in New Hampshire, Manchester is the place I would avoid. There is lots of gang type stuff there from what I see. It is a good place to be armed. As to NH Most liberals I know have a gun or two. Like everywhere else, The media gets in close to make it look like there is a crowd at their rallies, the few that there are. We were blessed with being the first state Micheal Bloomberg's bus can to with the Moms against... The media made it look like there were many people there to support them. Truth was (I was there) the ones that were supporting it were the 15 or 20 people that came with the bus. The rest of the people there , a couple of hundred, all had guns on there hips or a rifle or across their back. One woman there had a Garand and her two kids had Nerf guns. I have actual;l;y only found one person of all the people I know that is against people with firearms. The rest, except for a few outspoken loud mouth, do not really care either way. Sadly our governor is one of those that veto's good bills put on her desk. There is a Rally this week at the state house (9/16) to show support for overriding her veto of the constitutional carry bill that passed in both houses.
I would stay as north as you can in the state to keep away from Mass if you can. Boscawen, Canterbury, Tilton would be fine. Manchester, Franklin would not be so good. If your commute goes north in the morning and south at night traffic is good. The other way around south of concord is problematic but so much less the Mass that you might not care. Traffic builds up between Hookset and Concord. Hook set has the two best gun shops in the state but they are spread around everywhere. The state is a Shall issue state. Open carry with no license. State premptions so t you can not rum into different laws in different places. No gun sign do not have the rule of law. No magazine limits No purchasing limits. Gun ranges are never to far away. I shoot in my back yard.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:22 AM   #10

Liked 1233 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 2007

As you cit and the true report from stone Mt Ga on another issue.
The "Libs", we need a more accurate have been perfecting their Media storms.
Like every Politician for a long time they bring or have their people bused in or told come to the rally, or its a rent a crowd, or just colluding with "Reporters" for good camera angles, and lie about how many were there etc, unless it is Trump or someone then they play down or under report or lie.
The idea that a propaganda campaign will come true if you put it out there . They see or hear it is going to be a big deal and they want in on it. They don't need the crowds many times. Their media, wil pump it up for them.i