Don't shop at Rileys anymore. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Hampshire Gun Forum > Don't shop at Rileys anymore.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 630

Quote:
The last time I was in, a kid no more then 19 came over to help. He had no clue what I was talking about. There is also a British gentleman that came over to help. He told me he had no idea as he was a pistol guy. I asked how long he had been in the states. 5 years. I asked when he became naturalized and bought a handgun, he said 3 years ago. Were you in the service, No. Now I ask you. What is an individual that has only 3 years total experience w/ firearms going to do w/ a shooter of over 35 years and a collector. Is he going to advise them???
Seriously? They hire people like that? A kid who still can't buy a pistol, and a clueless British guy??!!

Quote:
However, I suspect that the curt service my be a result of the wave after wave of customers being pushed and pulled into the store from the our great American Gun Salesman of the Year who occasionally stops in DC between vacations. I am sure that a quiet conversation with Ralph or a short note to him would be an effective way to refocus the the staff regarding how good manners breeds repeat clients.
Nahhh. My negative experiences with them was over 15 years ago. AND, at that time there wasn't even anyone like the above 2 mentioned there, that I remember....

Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #32

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 725

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Seriously? They hire people like that? A kid who still can't buy a pistol, and a clueless British guy??!!
After Denver passes away, they have gone way downhill. If you know exactly what you are looking for, your fine.

Nahhh. My negative experiences with them was over 15 years ago. AND, at that time there wasn't even anyone like the above 2 mentioned there, that I remember....
Niether were rude, but had no clue.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
I have not been to Riley's in years. I have also found them to be rude, and unless you wave $100's in front of them, not interested. I was ready to buy a gun the last time I was in there, and they wouldn't talk to me. I went to Pete's in Hudson.
I like Pete's. I collect old WW2 rifles and was looking for a Carcano. They had one and I think it was the guys mom but she gave me a great deal and made it feel like I was visiting my Aunt! Good store and good people.