Do go to Lewis Arms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New Hampshire Gun Forum > Do go to Lewis Arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Do go to Lewis Arms

Follow up to my previous thread,

Lewis Arms rules. No one was there, I know that's not good for business, but heck, I liked it!

They had plenty of guns...amazing condition, he had 3x Kar98K's and 2x Garands, and 2x Gwher 43's, in immaculate condition(With prices to match!)

He said they were not for sale, private collection, but they had price tags on em.

He had one Mosin Nagant, which was 1943. I was surprised, at how amazing it looked. It appears he gets the cosmoline out for you, and refinishes / gets the dents out, as well as lubes the barrel and all that.

It also came with the Bayonet, and the little gear kit, everything!

@ 169$

VS Rileys, which was 149$, but Rileys were coated in Cosmoline still, the finish was gone when you took it off, they were full of dents, and some of the barrels had what appeared to be debris of some sort on them.

To my horror; my friend struck first and gun-jacked me though. He purchased it, even knowing I had intended to. Now now, I know, it's a business and stuff like that is fair, but...I dunno, I feel a little annoyed.

It's kinda like "Hey man, I'm going to buy xxx item tomorrow"
Then he goes over and buys it...

Just kinda a...ehh, move, I even offered to purchase it off him for the sale price + 20$, and he went on a rant about how it'd be a felony, that he can't sell the gun to me ec,t which is bull, because you can, people do it all the time, just do the papers over. Then he said "Oh, I don't know if they'll get another one in this good condition"

Kinda a prick about it, knowing that I wanted it and went with him that day to show him it. COnsidering he hadn't wanted one til then.

Guy said it'd be 1-2 months before he got more, but I think I can wait. Rileys, 20$ cheaper, but the condition of the guns...are so much worse.

The ones at Lewis Arms look as good as those videos / pictures you see of someone sanding them down and refinishing them. Look brand new, and I don't have to deal with Cosmoline, and it's only a 20$ premium? But it also comes with the gear + Bayonet, which Rileys does not, so that easily makes up for it.

Guy was also awesome and talked about the guns and you could tell he had a passion. I hear he was a former employee of Rileys, left, and started his own. I can see why, the state that Rileys is in these days.(Poorly)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Hey ! Where is this shop? Thanks, Terry.

Live free or die

Old 08-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://lewisarms.homestead.com/Buttons.html

Quote:
Lewis Arms, LLC
550 rt 3a
Bow, NH 03304
603-228-9994
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Thanks !!

Live free or die

gripper Likes This 
Old 09-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #5

Likes Given: 42

Whats this felony crap?? I buy FTF off paper every chance I get, price & item in question being good.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #6

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Lets talk about Lewis arms. There is never anyone there. They don't want to be bothered w/ common folk. My buddy shoots a 10ga for geese in the mid west, he lives in Bow. He went into Lewis arms to get a few boxes of shells. The guy behind the counter was reading the paper when he went in, the salesmans comment was "in a minute". Dave waited. Another guy came in and the newspaper reading jerk said the same, "in a minute", and never put the paper down. They both walked out. If you enjoy arrogance and high prices, this is your shop!! Now I admit that Rileys has slid down hill since Denver died, but you can still get some great deals on some surplus rifles if you know what you are looking for. Rileys had 91/30's for 109.00 last time I was there. Just a crate on the floor. Lewis arms was the gunsmith section at Rileys for years, but again, unless you want a high end rifle or major work done that they will charge $$$$$$$$, don't ask.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 09-03-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #7

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Update, They no longer offer gunsmithing. My son went in there about 3 weeks ago. When he started talking about Mausers, Mosin Nagants and some of the handguns (military), they warmed up to him. He sold the 1952 Hungarian M44 I had given him, that I was not happy about. They gave him $210.00 for it as it was in excellent condition and Matching. At least they were honest w/ him. I may stop in again just to see what happens.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.