Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Nevada Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f141/)
-   -   Good desert shooting locations outside of Las Vegas? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f141/good-desert-shooting-locations-outside-las-vegas-59640/)

GentileGent21 03-07-2012 08:09 AM

Good desert shooting locations outside of Las Vegas?

Ok I know some might not want to give up the locations of their favorite desert shooting spots in Vegas...so if your willing to share I'd love to hear them ;-) I recently went shooting in Cold Creek which was a good time.

Marlinman 03-07-2012 08:15 AM

Try the range between pahrump amd vegas....if its even still there that is.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

chewchew 03-07-2012 04:14 PM

If you live in South Vegas, you're close to the best shooting range there is, 4610 Blue Diamond road out toward the mine. You'll find some competitive shooters there.
If you live out toward North Vegas, go out Craig road east past where the old race track used to be and there all kinds of canyons . Take your targets because there's nothing out there. Nobody cares if you shoot there.
There is and indoor pistol range on Tropicana but I can't think of the name of it . Look in the phonebook.
I have a condo at lake Las Vegas, but I've not been out there since last Sept.

mes227 03-07-2012 10:01 PM

Someone posted a Google Map with Southern Nevada shooting locations. I think you can find this on the Nevada Shooters forum.

mudpupp 03-08-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mes227
Someone posted a Google Map with Southern Nevada shooting locations. I think you can find this on the Nevada Shooters forum.

If you find the link, post it here..

pipeman525 03-11-2012 05:23 PM

About a year and half ago we started going to Apex again. Take 15 N to 93 N towards Alamo. Go past the power plants and around the big bend in the road until you see a break in the fence. There are actually markers telling you how far from the road you are and signs banning four wheelers. Metro no longer hassles you there. I guess they finally realised they have no jurisdiction on federal land.

ZombieBrawler 04-10-2012 11:24 PM

You can also go out to sloan and on the opposite end of boulder city down the I-515 you leave the jurisdiction (according to a guy i know, no need to argue with me) of boulder police after the solar plant, mountains on the right and left are good a few miles out.

Ruger52 11-03-2012 12:57 AM

I have shot at Apex since 1999. During the week, you will be by yourself. Weekends there can be a few others there. Please don't be a pig and clean up your targets. That is my only grip, is it looks like a trash dump, because people leave there shot up TV's etc. there.

mudpupp 11-03-2012 09:16 AM

Anyone know a location to set up a clay thrower and have some fun?

tauruspt92 11-04-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger52 (Post 999764)
I have shot at Apex since 1999. During the week, you will be by yourself. Weekends there can be a few others there. Please don't be a pig and clean up your targets. That is my only grip, is it looks like a trash dump, because people leave there shot up TV's etc. there.

How do u get to this location?