Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Nevada Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f141/)
-   -   Adding to the madness (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f141/adding-madness-58065/)

nastyogre 02-18-2012 02:25 AM

Adding to the madness

Figured I'd add to the state I'm from. I'll be headed to Reno for some shooting next week so I'll let you guys know how it goes. :-)

lobster 02-18-2012 11:16 AM

Lobster here from the Ruby Mtns. Planning on attending FS in the future, signing up for a couple courses tommorrow

mes227 02-18-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nastyogre (Post 712253)
Figured I'd add to the state I'm from. I'll be headed to Reno for some shooting next week so I'll let you guys know how it goes. :-)

Where do you shoot? My go-to range is the Carson Range, just between Carson and Mound House. Easy access (5 mins from Carson), great facility with 300 yard rifle and 50 yard pistol ranges and then 4 private bunkers (30 yards). Covered benches, parking very close to shooting area. Free access, no RO. I tend to go weekday mornings and have the place to myself half the time.

AcidFlashGordon 02-19-2012 02:23 PM

Vegas, Baby

I've had my old a$$ http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2...rtanimated.gif parked in Las Vegas for the last dozen or so years. There are several indoor ranges that I use for pistol shooting. Haven't tried out the Clark County Shooting "Park" yet for my rifles although I did drive out there when they first opened to see what it looked like. Several friends have used it and they've given me mixed feelings about it. Because the "park" had to use so much of its budget for flood control (obviously not accounted for in the original plans), there are some things not quite kosher yet. I was going to join Desert Sportman's Gun Club but never got around to taking the "safety/orientation" course or sending in my, then $150, dues.

nastyogre 02-20-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mes227

Where do you shoot? My go-to range is the Carson Range, just between Carson and Mound House. Easy access (5 mins from Carson), great facility with 300 yard rifle and 50 yard pistol ranges and then 4 private bunkers (30 yards). Covered benches, parking very close to shooting area. Free access, no RO. I tend to go weekday mornings and have the place to myself half the time.

I have a 300 yard range set up in my dads back yard. He's north of Reno a bit. :-)

mudpupp 03-08-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon
I've had my old a$$ parked in Las Vegas for the last dozen or so years. There are several indoor ranges that I use for pistol shooting. Haven't tried out the Clark County Shooting "Park" yet for my rifles although I did drive out there when they first opened to see what it looked like. Several friends have used it and they've given me mixed feelings about it. Because the "park" had to use so much of its budget for flood control (obviously not accounted for in the original plans), there are some things not quite kosher yet. I was going to join Desert Sportman's Gun Club but never got around to taking the "safety/orientation" course or sending in my, then $150, dues.

Just join Frontsight instead. One time fee for lifetime of shooting

Jeff_F 04-09-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mes227 (Post 712815)

I know that range off of Flint rd. That place is kind of a crap hole. I won't go there unless I bring a buddy or two and theres other people there. A couple times I was downrange checking or replacing targets and people pulled in and just started sending lead downrange. By the time we got back to the firing line they were on their way out. The sheriff's said there have been a couple robberies/killings out there. Just be careful if you go there.

mes227 04-22-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_F (Post 765952)
I know that range off of Flint rd. That place is kind of a crap hole. I won't go there unless I bring a buddy or two and theres other people there. A couple times I was downrange checking or replacing targets and people pulled in and just started sending lead downrange. By the time we got back to the firing line they were on their way out. The sheriff's said there have been a couple robberies/killings out there. Just be careful if you go there.

I go there 2 or 3 times a month, never had a bad experience.