Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Nebraska Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f140/)
-   -   So, Lincoln? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f140/so-lincoln-71954/)

Dillinger 09-06-2012 10:01 PM

So, Lincoln?

What can anyone tell me about where to eat, what to see? I will be in town for a couple of days next week apparently. Corporate travel is fun. ;)

JD

dog2000tj 09-07-2012 12:19 AM

Lincoln, Nebraska? :confused: My condolences :p

Dillinger 09-07-2012 02:22 AM

Corporate HQ. Got to meet all the VP's and such that I am interfacing with on a regular basis.

And for what they are paying me, I can go to Lincoln and spend a few days. :p

Did I mention the corporate credit card can buy booze? :D I wonder how they feel about lap dances? :rolleyes:

ineverFTF 09-07-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger
What can anyone tell me about where to eat, what to see? I will be in town for a couple of days next week apparently. Corporate travel is fun. ;)

JD

Corn, corn, and more corn.

You have just witnessed Nebraska and all its glory :p

fmj 09-07-2012 10:04 AM

dang double postings...

fmj 09-07-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF (Post 931214)
Corn, corn, and more corn.

You have just witnessed Nebraska and all its glory :p

corn makes whiskey

Whiskey makes my baby

feel a little frisky:D

dog2000tj 09-08-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 931205)
Corporate HQ. Got to meet all the VP's and such that I am interfacing with on a regular basis.

And for what they are paying me, I can go to Lincoln and spend a few days. :p

Did I mention the corporate credit card can buy booze? :D I wonder how they feel about lap dances? :rolleyes:

you could catch a Conrhuskers game at the University ;)

Dillinger 09-12-2012 09:15 PM

So. Yeah.

Stranded at the Minn./St. Paul airport because I mistakenly read the damn reader board TV, correctly. Then sat with a bunch of people who were not going anywhere near Lincoln and missed my flight, which had moved to the other end of the Earth, by about 20 minutes. :mad:

Now I have about a 3 hour wait for the last available flight.

God damn you DELTA!

Dillinger 09-16-2012 07:36 PM

So Lincoln, Nebraska.

Weather in nice. Not too cold, not too hot.

The town is nice. Easy to find places because the streets are laid out in numbers on one axis and letters on the other. Bonus.

There are about 27 bars on "O" or "P" street. Awesome.

The chicks ARE HAWT!!! If you are a young gun thinking about choosing a school, just consider Big Red, it will be WORTH THE VISIT! :cool:

Great steak. Had a couple while there and well worth the reasonable price that was charged.

Football. OH. MY. GOD!!

They take that sh*t SERIOUS as religion there!

On game day the stadium in Lincoln (Lincoln being the second largest population in Nebraska) becomes the THIRD LARGEST city in the entire state!! They have over 100,000 seats and they have been sold out FOR-EVAH!

Needless to say, it was a nice visit.

JD

dog2000tj 09-16-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 943260)
So Lincoln, Nebraska.

Weather in nice. Not too cold, not too hot.

The town is nice. Easy to find places because the streets are laid out in numbers on one axis and letters on the other. Bonus.

There are about 27 bars on "O" or "P" street. Awesome.

The chicks ARE HAWT!!! If you are a young gun thinking about choosing a school, just consider Big Red, it will be WORTH THE VISIT! :cool:

Great steak. Had a couple while there and well worth the reasonable price that was charged.

Football. OH. MY. GOD!!

They take that sh*t SERIOUS as religion there!

On game day the stadium in Lincoln (Lincoln being the second largest population in Nebraska) becomes the THIRD LARGEST city in the entire state!! They have over 100,000 seats and they have been sold out FOR-EVAH!

Needless to say, it was a nice visit.

JD

I'm not a doctor, I haven't played on on tv ... but I concur with this assessment ;)