Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Nebraska Gun Forum > From Oshksoh, NE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default From Oshksoh, NE

Even though I live now in Michigan, I grew up in NW Nebraska and was in law enforcement for Garden County Sheriff's Office in Oshkosh. Miss being back there in Nebraska.

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Vern
Come home so I have someone to go shooting with

Old 10-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Welcome! My Granny's side of the family is from Arapahoe.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

There's no place like Nebraska

Old 10-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #5

Likes Given: 3

Would be nice to hunt a deer back there with the 6.8 X 43 AR-15 I built at home. Really intersting to shoot a rifle I put together, piece by piece, spring by spring. Even assembled the barrel and upper receiver from home. Interesting thing is I can send the barrel and upper receiver to just about anyone via UPS as it does not contain a serial number nor is considered a firearm, only a component. The lower receiver I had to go though regular registration process aka FFL stuff to buy it. And, that was just the lower receiver with out the parts kit. After I got the parts I put it together watching a Nebraska football game.

Now, you can buy a lower receiver without having to go through an FFL, but it has to be no more than 80% comlpete, meaning you have to drill and machine out some stuff to get it ready to receive the parts that go in it. But, you can buy a lower block, aluminum, that has about 80% of the machining done. Also has no serial number. By U.S. Laws we, as citizens, can make our own firearms, legally, and they don't need a serial number. Don't know if a lot of you knew that.

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I didn't know that
I'd like to build an AR one of these days
Just bought a Windham Weaponry a couple months ago and I'm very happy with it

Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That has to be the first time I've seen Oshkosh in a forum.I have lived there for 5 years,and am,sadly, in the process of moving to Denver.The hunting has been fantastic as well as the people.But the wife insists on moving,and if moma ain't happy,nobody's happy.My inlaws still live there so I will be back regularly to hunt and shoot.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A few times I have goin north of Oshksoh to do some fishing and shooting . Stop off at the c store to get coffie before going for a drive into the sand hills. I like the wide open pasture country.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #9

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth AkSarBen View Post
Would be nice to hunt a deer back there with the 6.8 X 43 AR-15 I built at home. Really intersting to shoot a rifle I put together, piece by piece, spring by spring. Even assembled the barrel and upper receiver from home. Interesting thing is I can send the barrel and upper receiver to just about anyone via UPS as it does not contain a serial number nor is considered a firearm, only a component. The lower receiver I had to go though regular registration process aka FFL stuff to buy it. And, that was just the lower receiver with out the parts kit. After I got the parts I put it together watching a Nebraska football game.

Now, you can buy a lower receiver without having to go through an FFL, but it has to be no more than 80% comlpete, meaning you have to drill and machine out some stuff to get it ready to receive the parts that go in it. But, you can buy a lower block, aluminum, that has about 80% of the machining done. Also has no serial number. By U.S. Laws we, as citizens, can make our own firearms, legally, and they don't need a serial number. Don't know if a lot of you knew that.
We don't want none of them evil black guns here...we like good old fashioned lever guns and maybe some new fangled bolt actions.

Last edited by 7X57Mauser; 03-21-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you do some deer hunting with the black rifle use a one shot magazine. Don't wont to see you get excited with a 30 round magazine and wipe out the whole bunch deer .