Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Nebraska Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f140/)
-   -   From Oshksoh, NE (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f140/oshksoh-ne-58096/)

Darth AkSarBen 02-18-2012 04:18 AM

From Oshksoh, NE

Even though I live now in Michigan, I grew up in NW Nebraska and was in law enforcement for Garden County Sheriff's Office in Oshkosh. Miss being back there in Nebraska.

Cornhusker 10-01-2012 02:08 AM

Vern
Come home so I have someone to go shooting with :D

Zombiegirl 10-01-2012 02:09 AM

Welcome! My Granny's side of the family is from Arapahoe.

Cornhusker 10-01-2012 02:13 AM

There's no place like Nebraska :D

Darth AkSarBen 10-01-2012 03:46 AM

Would be nice to hunt a deer back there with the 6.8 X 43 AR-15 I built at home. Really intersting to shoot a rifle I put together, piece by piece, spring by spring. Even assembled the barrel and upper receiver from home. Interesting thing is I can send the barrel and upper receiver to just about anyone via UPS as it does not contain a serial number nor is considered a firearm, only a component. The lower receiver I had to go though regular registration process aka FFL stuff to buy it. And, that was just the lower receiver with out the parts kit. After I got the parts I put it together watching a Nebraska football game.

Now, you can buy a lower receiver without having to go through an FFL, but it has to be no more than 80% comlpete, meaning you have to drill and machine out some stuff to get it ready to receive the parts that go in it. But, you can buy a lower block, aluminum, that has about 80% of the machining done. Also has no serial number. By U.S. Laws we, as citizens, can make our own firearms, legally, and they don't need a serial number. Don't know if a lot of you knew that.

Cornhusker 10-01-2012 02:03 PM

I didn't know that
I'd like to build an AR one of these days
Just bought a Windham Weaponry a couple months ago and I'm very happy with it

osprey176 11-30-2012 06:39 AM

That has to be the first time I've seen Oshkosh in a forum.I have lived there for 5 years,and am,sadly, in the process of moving to Denver.The hunting has been fantastic as well as the people.But the wife insists on moving,and if moma ain't happy,nobody's happy.My inlaws still live there so I will be back regularly to hunt and shoot.

tuck2 12-02-2012 11:35 AM

A few times I have goin north of Oshksoh to do some fishing and shooting . Stop off at the c store to get coffie before going for a drive into the sand hills. I like the wide open pasture country.

7X57Mauser 03-21-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth AkSarBen (Post 960003)
Would be nice to hunt a deer back there with the 6.8 X 43 AR-15 I built at home. Really intersting to shoot a rifle I put together, piece by piece, spring by spring. Even assembled the barrel and upper receiver from home. Interesting thing is I can send the barrel and upper receiver to just about anyone via UPS as it does not contain a serial number nor is considered a firearm, only a component. The lower receiver I had to go though regular registration process aka FFL stuff to buy it. And, that was just the lower receiver with out the parts kit. After I got the parts I put it together watching a Nebraska football game.

Now, you can buy a lower receiver without having to go through an FFL, but it has to be no more than 80% comlpete, meaning you have to drill and machine out some stuff to get it ready to receive the parts that go in it. But, you can buy a lower block, aluminum, that has about 80% of the machining done. Also has no serial number. By U.S. Laws we, as citizens, can make our own firearms, legally, and they don't need a serial number. Don't know if a lot of you knew that.

We don't want none of them evil black guns here...we like good old fashioned lever guns and maybe some new fangled bolt actions.

tuck2 06-18-2013 03:13 PM

If you do some deer hunting with the black rifle use a one shot magazine. Don't wont to see you get excited with a 30 round magazine and wipe out the whole bunch deer .