Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Zip .22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/zip-22-a-89547/)

chromelure 04-25-2013 12:43 PM

Zip .22

Anyone have a thought (good or bad) on these little oddballs?

ScottA 04-25-2013 01:07 PM

Haven't held one, but reviews I have seen make me not inclined.

By the way, please stop by the "Introductions" thread and tell us about yourself.

chromelure 04-25-2013 02:36 PM

I have heard they aren't much as far as a quality gun, I just like the peculiarity of it and think it might be something to have in a collection in the future.

DrumJunkie 04-25-2013 02:44 PM

Everything I've seen or read on them is they are total junk. I've not seen one g through a full mag in real world or a video for that matter.

chromelure 04-25-2013 10:47 PM

Well, I picked one up tonight. I hope it is a good investment for 200.00. I have Derringer pen pistols and American Arms mini .22s and hope this will be a good addition to the collection . I am still searching for a few different knife/pistols.

kiabe1 04-28-2013 03:30 AM

I handled one in a store. interesting little gimmick thatll more than likely be fairly collectible in the future due to the peculiarity

BeyondTheBox 04-28-2013 03:57 AM

I like the idea of it, attaching it to the bottom rail of my AR. But yeah, quality reported to be junk. Videos show pretty much nothing but failures. But I agree with you, cool in its peculiarity.

chromelure 04-28-2013 02:25 PM

I have a couple of 12ga. pumps that I wanted to have this mounted under.Of course, to attach this little rig to any long gun would be illegal. Then it would become a SBR and without a Federal stamp it would be illegal to have in my possesion. I have thought of the variations that are totaly legal and usefull. How about mounting it to a .410ga shotgun pistol? It is still a pistol.I have ordered the optional picitinny rail top and we'll see what I can come up with.I will try to post pictures. Any other suggestions?

BeyondTheBox 04-28-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromelure (Post 1229997)
I have a couple of 12ga. pumps that I wanted to have this mounted under.Of course, to attach this little rig to any long gun would be illegal. Then it would become a SBR and without a Federal stamp it would be illegal to have in my possesion. I have thought of the variations that are totaly legal and usefull. How about mounting it to a .410ga shotgun pistol? It is still a pistol.I have ordered the optional picitinny rail top and we'll see what I can come up with.I will try to post pictures. Any other suggestions?

Eh, just get the class 3 and have fun!

HockaLouis 04-28-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1226543)
Haven't held one, but...

I have not watched any video but I can't figure out, just looking at the pictures of the thing, HOW to hold one!