Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Your favorite shooter in 9mm or 45acp (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/your-favorite-shooter-9mm-45acp-82784/)

StainlessSteel215 01-29-2013 04:22 PM

Your favorite shooter in 9mm or 45acp

Decided to show some love for my favorite shooter and see what everyone else brings to the table. Bought my little SA Ultra Compact 1911 chambered in 9mm a few months back and its been a dream. Incredibly accurate, reliable, and easy to control, I think I've had ONE failure to feed in that entire time and Ive fed it at least 5 types of various hollow points to test it!

I'm hitting group of 3-4" from 15 yards which for me is good. Picked up a nice leather IWB holster when I do carry it and it disappears completely....

All around my favorite shooter of all-time (so far).

locutus 01-29-2013 05:17 PM

9mm sig p226

.45 sig p220

potentialglock 01-29-2013 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 82458

Remington R1 45 acp

badasstruck 01-29-2013 05:24 PM

Springfield MC Operator in .45. Dream to shoot!

Sniper03 01-29-2013 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite is my Rock River Elite Commando 45 ACP. In the Ransom Rest it will shoot a 1 inch group at 50 yards.
I certinly can not shoot it that accurate at that distance!

Here is a little history about the RRA Elite Commando Model! Of course Colt got their skirts in a tizzy because of the words Elite and the word Commando! So RRA Changed the name to pacify the spoiled brats in the industry who think they own every name and designation to do with weapons. Like the battle with Bushmaster over the designation "M-4" with Bushmaster products. Colt claimed it as an infringement and their designation. They sued Bushmaster which resulted in a long court battle! Bushmaster won the lawsuit by the way letting others use the terminology M-4. Rather than jack with Colt over the name. Rock River renamed the Elite Commando to be called the Pro Carry Model! But they were the identical weapon. They later challenged Rock River over using the word Government on the 1001 RRA Government Model. But the issue went away and RRA still uses the term today. Just a little added industry history!

Stillersfan 01-29-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03 (Post 1115047)
My favorite is my Rock River Elite Commando 45 ACP. In the Ransom Rest it will shoot a 1 inch group at 50 yards.
I certinly can not shoot it that accurate at that distance!

Here is a little history about the RRA Elite Commando Model! Of course Colt got their skirts in a tizzy because of the words Elite and the word Commando! So RRA Changed the name to pacify the spoiled brats in the industry who think they own every name and designation to do with weapons. Like the battle with Bushmaster over the designation "M-4" with Bushmaster products. Colt claimed it as an infringement and their designation. They sued Bushmaster which resulted in a long court battle! Bushmaster won the lawsuit by the way letting others use the terminology M-4. Rather than jack with Colt over the name. Rock River renamed the Elite Commando to be called the Pro Carry Model! But they were the identical weapon. They later challenged Rock River over using the word Government on the 1001 RRA Government Model. But the issue went away and RRA still uses the term today. Just a little added industry history!

Now that is very sweet!!

danf_fl 01-29-2013 06:38 PM

In .45, it's a toss up between my Fusion Firearms frame 1911 or the Ed Brown Kobra carry.

In 9mm, I like the H&K PSP P7, then the Hi-Power (not Hi-Point)

levelcross 01-29-2013 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Definitely got to be my Kimber Ultra CDP II, it is a tack driver.

John_Deer 01-29-2013 07:01 PM

Mine is a cheapy. I have a XD that is really nice but the 5.5" barrel doesn't make it easy to carry. I like my Ruger P95 the best. It has a great trigger, 15 shot capacity and it seldom needs cleaning. It has combat accuracy over 25 yards. I can carry it in a pancake holster all the time without looking like I am going fly fishing or skeet shooting.

Bob Wright 01-29-2013 07:27 PM

Both of these guns have .45 ACP cylinders, though I don't often use them.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ugers/Pair.jpg

I do like the shorter one for plinking or casual shooting. Gives me a .45 ACP that doesn't require half moon or full moon clips, nor do I have to fool with loading a magazine every so often. And the ejector throw is long enough that I get complete ejection with that little short case. And the empty cases are deposited right into my waiting hand so I don't have to grope around for my empties. It's all the advantages of a .22 in a reloadable case.

Bob Wright