Your favorite .32 caliber handguns - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Your favorite .32 caliber handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
I know what you're saying. Their design can get a little tricky. It became annoying going shooting and having to carry a ten penny nail to pop out a shell that's stuck in the barrel. One, or two shots gummed things up enough to make it difficult for the shell casing to come out. Even if the shell flew out it took too long to disengage the barrel, then close it and then pull back the slide to chamber another round. It was a suicide gun where self defense was concerned.

I know there are many people out there that have the 21A and Tomcat. They are well made and look good too, but have a design flaw where SD is concerned. When plinking it at least won't get you hurt. No one likes someone they don't know like myself knocking their gun. I understand that, but being ret LE it's SD and not target shooting that concerns me and dependability and ease in firing and repeat shots when using their weapon is so very important.

My NAA Guardian .32 replaced my Beretta over 10 years ago. It is a larger and being SS a heavier gun, but hands down is the better round, especially when loaded with Federal Hydra Shoks. I've fired quite a few rounds through it of various ammo manufacturers without a single ftf. This is my experience and others have to choose what best for them.
The 21A was my last tiny rimfire, I wasn't going to do any more pocket pistols but ran into the Guardian when I went to pick up my 22-45 after having a light rail mounted. He made a deal on it because most folks wanted the lighter Kel- Tec or Ruger. Went the other way with ammo, I'm just using FMJs, was able to get 500 a couple years ago.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #122
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default OK, I like .22s Also!!!

Since we have fallen into a discussion of smaller calibers. And, already having said, I am particularly fond of the .32. One little gun that has become an every day carry for me even if I am also packing larger is the NAA Black Widow. Mine is the .22 Mag/.22LR model with both cylinders. The larger magnum frame is nice along with the 2 inch heavy barrel, enhanced sights and over sized grips. At 15 yards, I can get 2-3 inch groups and it carries about as easy as a large pocket knife. It's one of those guns that says, "there is never an excuse to not have a firearm with you." Where legal that is...

pix124185361.jpg  

Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #123

Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speezly View Post
I am looking for a .32 acp.
Yugo made CZ70. Similar in design to a Hi-power

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
I have a cz-70. It's a good gun never had any problems with it. But I have big hands and its kind of to small for me. I just wish .32 ACP was cheaper and easier to find.
I bought one for my wife. Great little gun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
I also own a CZ70, long heavy double action trigger pull but the single action pull isn't bad. seems to be good quality & pretty accurate so far. It has an 8+1 capacity & can be had cheap if you look around, I picked mine up for $100 since it didn't have a magazine
$80.00 w/ mag and holster, bought a new U.S. made mag. B!tch to load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjkf View Post
Walter Ppk ........... ......,,,??;$,$3!:!:&,&:!3..zx
Walthers are known for mag jams. Every one I've ever delt with does. You may find a mag once in a while that does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery View Post
I collect 'art deco' era .32 ACP pistols. I have about 10 so far. I do NOT know much about 'modern' .32 ACP pistols.

I've written most of them up in report/essay form on my blog, listed in my signature. If that helps, great and feel free to ask specific questions if I can help. If that's not what interests you, good luck in any event.
Classics!!! Love to see some pics. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I like the Walther PP and PPK for autos and the new S&W 632 for a revolver.
Walther

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #124

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

It's too bad Bersa stopped making the Bersa Thunder 32 acp because I have one and they are great guns.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #125

Liked 367 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post

$80.00 w/ mag and holster, bought a new U.S. made mag. B!tch to load.
I bought 2 new mags from 2 different companies & both are exactly the same in 2 respects, they both look exactly the same & they're both junk. one is a "Triple K"(works as good or better than original my @ss!) & the other is a no name. neither will work with more than 5-6 rounds in them & neither holds the mag open on the last shot.

finally found an original on gunbroker & now everything works like it should

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 12-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #126

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

The .32 acp is the perfect carry gun. Enough to get the job done yet very controllable. I think it is fine for home defense also. My 3 favorite handguns are the Ruger LCR .22 mag revolver, Bersa Thunder .32 and Bersa Thunder .380 all are very good for carry or home defense.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 241 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 759

Shot the Kel-Tec 32. It functions perfectly. I didn't like the sights at first, they are OK now.

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Old 12-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 241 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 759

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRM View Post
Since we have fallen into a discussion of smaller calibers. And, already having said, I am particularly fond of the .32. One little gun that has become an every day carry for me even if I am also packing larger is the NAA Black Widow. Mine is the .22 Mag/.22LR model with both cylinders. The larger magnum frame is nice along with the 2 inch heavy barrel, enhanced sights and over sized grips. At 15 yards, I can get 2-3 inch groups and it carries about as easy as a large pocket knife. It's one of those guns that says, "there is never an excuse to not have a firearm with you." Where legal that is...
I have one of these with smaller grips. I like the looks of the grips on yours. Are they from NAA?

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Old 12-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default Good List

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
In order...

Beretta Tomcat (DA/SA, best trigger system of the group hands down)

Seecamp LWS32 (Overpriced w/ sucky DAO length trigger pull, but quality build)

NAA Guardian (Overpriced and overweight with sucky DAO trigger length, but quality build)

Master Piece Arms MPA32 (Horrible trigger pull, but adequately priced)

KelTec P32 (Questionable quality reports, let alone terrible trigger length & a mushy and uneven trigger pull, but cheap to reflect it all)
Good list! One of my former students, now a retired SF colonel, routinely carries a Tomcat and I carry my Seecamp daily.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #130

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
Good list! One of my former students, now a retired SF colonel, routinely carries a Tomcat and I carry my Seecamp daily.
Your Seecamp is the better choice for sure.