Your favorite .32 caliber handguns - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Your favorite .32 caliber handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts

My Bersa Thunder .32 acp has a 3.5 length barrel and is quite accurate. The Kel Tec P-32 is an up close and personal gun made more for point and shoot at close range. I would not be shooting the P-32 at distances over 10 or 15 feet and most likely at less than 10 feet. In a gun fight you very seldom shoot more than a 25 feet distance. I like the .32 acp for carry myself.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 665 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

I bought a P32 yesterday for $195. It's used but bit looks in near new condition. I like the small size and light weight. I will test fire today if it will stop raining.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #113

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Dogwalk

I carry a Beretta Tomcat 32 ACP but unfortunately Berretta only offers this model in 22 RF now. Formerly, it was available in 22rf, 25acp and 32acp. I got this info from the Beretta website.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #114

Liked 538 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 260

The Beretta is a nice looking little gun. When I retired years ago I picked up the model 21A .22 just to have something to throw in my pocket from time to time. I was tired of always having to carry larger guns for so many years. It was comfortable in my hand and I loved the DA feature. It was a new design that I liked, but didn't really think it through. I had it a long time foolishly on my part knowing it was the most undependable gun I've ever owned. I should have known better than carrying a .22rf, which is damn undependable round to begin with.

That gun only handled Federal hi velocity ammo in a reasonably dependable manner where everything else used was a crap shoot where going off was concerned. The real bad thing is the design of both the 21A and the Tomcat. Those guns are absent extractors. If they failed to fire you had to tip up the barrel, which is a feature I like, but you had to either pick out the cartridge that failed with your finger tips, or rammed something down the barrel to poke it out. In an emergency this is unacceptable and can be fatal to you. As a possible backup gun I guess they'd both be OK, especially the larger Tomcat. Pulling back the slide is the only acceptable way to clear a gun in an emergency.

I really love the Baretta line of handguns and shotguns, but I would tell anyone to avoid those two examples. But this is only one opinion and maybe I'm wrong.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #115

Liked 254 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If the Berettas are clean, simply flipping the barrel release should throw the round from the barrel.
The BobCat/Tomcat enlargements to the original 950 design pushed the gun past it's limits. The 950 series guns were extremely reliable, as was the D/A version-the model 20.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
If the Berettas are clean, simply flipping the barrel release should throw the round from the barrel.
The BobCat/Tomcat enlargements to the original 950 design pushed the gun past it's limits. The 950 series guns were extremely reliable, as was the D/A version-the model 20.
Yes, when the barrel is clean it usually does kick it out, but we can't always pick our circumstances. I've had some of the lousiest shooting sessions with that 21A.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #117

Liked 2329 Times on 1272 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

I have only owned one .32. It was a H&R Secret Service Special. It was just like this one. Wish I still had it. I have sold and traded a few guns I was sorry about later.
wm_md_951884.jpg  
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #118

Liked 129 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
The Beretta is a nice looking little gun. When I retired years ago I picked up the model 21A .22 just to have something to throw in my pocket from time to time. I was tired of always having to carry larger guns for so many years. It was comfortable in my hand and I loved the DA feature. It was a new design that I liked, but didn't really think it through. I had it a long time foolishly on my part knowing it was the most undependable gun I've ever owned. I should have known better than carrying a .22rf, which is damn undependable round to begin with.

That gun only handled Federal hi velocity ammo in a reasonably dependable manner where everything else used was a crap shoot where going off was concerned. The real bad thing is the design of both the 21A and the Tomcat. Those guns are absent extractors. If they failed to fire you had to tip up the barrel, which is a feature I like, but you had to either pick out the cartridge that failed with your finger tips, or rammed something down the barrel to poke it out. In an emergency this is unacceptable and can be fatal to you. As a possible backup gun I guess they'd both be OK, especially the larger Tomcat. Pulling back the slide is the only acceptable way to clear a gun in an emergency.

I really love the Baretta line of handguns and shotguns, but I would tell anyone to avoid those two examples. But this is only one opinion and maybe I'm wrong.
Did you ever try to load it by pulling the slide back and accidently lift up? Another slide disassembly disarm.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
Did you ever try to load it by pulling the slide back and accidently lift up? Another slide disassembly disarm.
I know what you're saying. Their design can get a little tricky. It became annoying going shooting and having to carry a ten penny nail to pop out a shell that's stuck in the barrel. One, or two shots gummed things up enough to make it difficult for the shell casing to come out. Even if the shell flew out it took too long to disengage the barrel, then close it and then pull back the slide to chamber another round. It was a suicide gun where self defense was concerned.

I know there are many people out there that have the 21A and Tomcat. They are well made and look good too, but have a design flaw where SD is concerned. When plinking it at least won't get you hurt. No one likes someone they don't know like myself knocking their gun. I understand that, but being ret LE it's SD and not target shooting that concerns me and dependability and ease in firing and repeat shots when using their weapon is so very important.

My NAA Guardian .32 replaced my Beretta over 10 years ago. It is a larger and being SS a heavier gun, but hands down is the better round, especially when loaded with Federal Hydra Shoks. I've fired quite a few rounds through it of various ammo manufacturers without a single ftf. This is my experience and others have to choose what best for them.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #120

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts

Is the Berretta PICO available yet? I like the idea of having a gun that you can simply switch barrels and go from .380 to .32 acp. But if the .32 barrel were not available I would not buy one because I already have a good .380