Your concealed preference?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Your concealed preference??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
I use 4 different pistols depending on what im wearing and where im going.
No particular order.
1) Kimber ultra crimson, 3 inch barrel, crimson trace grips.
2) Colt defender, 3 inch barrel
3) Glock 36, slim grip
4) Smith&Wesson bodyguard w/laser in front
So, as I mentioned, I'm trying to figure out what will be my concealed carry choice. What you're wearing makes perfect sense as to which you'll carry. Can I ask you what situations/where you are going makes you choose which pistol?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

My concealed preference are:
Smith & Wesson 457 45ACP and
my back-up Ruger LCP .380.
s-w-457.jpg   ruger-lcp-380.jpg  

Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #23

I don't have as many handguns as I used to but I carry a Glock 22 with a 3.5 pound trigger and trijicon night sites, soon upgraded to ghost sites.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alderoth View Post
I don't have as many handguns as I used to but I carry a Glock 22 with a 3.5 pound trigger and trijicon night sites, soon upgraded to ghost sites.
Does carrying a 3.5lb trigger bother you? What kind of holster do you use?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl View Post
So, as I mentioned, I'm trying to figure out what will be my concealed carry choice. What you're wearing makes perfect sense as to which you'll carry. Can I ask you what situations/where you are going makes you choose which pistol?
Hey Charlie Girl,
Here is how i do it. During work hours i carry my S&W bodyguard IWB because it is the smallest and most concealable. Anywhere else and I have to tuck in my shirt i usually carry my kimber, glock 36 or colt in a galco IWB holster. If it is just a untucked t-shirt i will carry anything.

Last edited by eborden1122; 08-18-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian

Does carrying a 3.5lb trigger bother you?
Not directed at me, but I'll weigh in. I carry a 26 with a 3.5# trigger and I love it. I feel like it is a little smoother and it is very consistent.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6836 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl View Post
Coming in november we get our ccw/oc permitted carry law. Mainly be carrying my 1911 with no real care whether someone sees or not. If i gotta go to the bank or a very crowded public place my smaller new agent or even the bersa thunder.

Smaller guns also make perfect pocket carry in the winter where a heavy coat can make it hard to access a iwb holster. So your regular gun iwb and one in the jacket pocket is ideal.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #28

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

I agree with Jay, find the pistol that fits you first and then evaluate your CCW options.

I usually carry a Sig P226 in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I have found it to be the most comfortable IWB I have ever tried. My wife carries a Sig P239 also in a Crossbreed.

Although I live in an open carry state, I do have a CCW and prefer concealed. If it is too hot a day during monsoon, I'll go to a S&W Sigma 380 in a pocket holster (soon to be replaced with a Ruger LC9 which is also a pocket pistol).

The key to how to carry is to find a comfortable rig for the pistol you shoot well and then carry it everywhere & everyday. Nothing worse than regretting not having what you need but don't have.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian

Does carrying a 3.5lb trigger bother you? What kind of holster do you use?
Nah just like the later post its smoother than the factory and I use a blackhawk serpa holster. I wont use anything that doesn't lock the pistol down. I see people with safari holsters and I don't see any locking mechanism on it and it freaks me out lol.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker
I agree with Jay, find the pistol that fits you first and then evaluate your CCW options.

I usually carry a Sig P226 in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I have found it to be the most comfortable IWB I have ever tried. My wife carries a Sig P239 also in a Crossbreed.

Although I live in an open carry state, I do have a CCW and prefer concealed. If it is too hot a day during monsoon, I'll go to a S&W Sigma 380 in a pocket holster (soon to be replaced with a Ruger LC9 which is also a pocket pistol).

The key to how to carry is to find a comfortable rig for the pistol you shoot well and then carry it everywhere & everyday. Nothing worse than regretting not having what you need but don't have.
I've been thinking about the cross breed holsters but they don't have the locks on them. I know a pawn broker that has one but he says it rubs rough on him, yes he's a big boy lol, just wondered if they rubbed everyone raw.