Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Your concealed preference??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
I use 4 different pistols depending on what im wearing and where im going.
No particular order.
1) Kimber ultra crimson, 3 inch barrel, crimson trace grips.
2) Colt defender, 3 inch barrel
3) Glock 36, slim grip
4) Smith&Wesson bodyguard w/laser in front
So, as I mentioned, I'm trying to figure out what will be my concealed carry choice. What you're wearing makes perfect sense as to which you'll carry. Can I ask you what situations/where you are going makes you choose which pistol?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

My concealed preference are:
Smith & Wesson 457 45ACP and
my back-up Ruger LCP .380.
s-w-457.jpg   ruger-lcp-380.jpg  

Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #23

I don't have as many handguns as I used to but I carry a Glock 22 with a 3.5 pound trigger and trijicon night sites, soon upgraded to ghost sites.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alderoth View Post
I don't have as many handguns as I used to but I carry a Glock 22 with a 3.5 pound trigger and trijicon night sites, soon upgraded to ghost sites.
Does carrying a 3.5lb trigger bother you? What kind of holster do you use?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl View Post
So, as I mentioned, I'm trying to figure out what will be my concealed carry choice. What you're wearing makes perfect sense as to which you'll carry. Can I ask you what situations/where you are going makes you choose which pistol?
Hey Charlie Girl,
Here is how i do it. During work hours i carry my S&W bodyguard IWB because it is the smallest and most concealable. Anywhere else and I have to tuck in my shirt i usually carry my kimber, glock 36 or colt in a galco IWB holster. If it is just a untucked t-shirt i will carry anything.

Last edited by eborden1122; 08-18-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian

Does carrying a 3.5lb trigger bother you?
Not directed at me, but I'll weigh in. I carry a 26 with a 3.5# trigger and I love it. I feel like it is a little smoother and it is very consistent.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5249 Times on 2738 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl View Post
Coming in november we get our ccw/oc permitted carry law. Mainly be carrying my 1911 with no real care whether someone sees or not. If i gotta go to the bank or a very crowded public place my smaller new agent or even the bersa thunder.

Smaller guns also make perfect pocket carry in the winter where a heavy coat can make it hard to access a iwb holster. So your regular gun iwb and one in the jacket pocket is ideal.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

I agree with Jay, find the pistol that fits you first and then evaluate your CCW options.

I usually carry a Sig P226 in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I have found it to be the most comfortable IWB I have ever tried. My wife carries a Sig P239 also in a Crossbreed.

Although I live in an open carry state, I do have a CCW and prefer concealed. If it is too hot a day during monsoon, I'll go to a S&W Sigma 380 in a pocket holster (soon to be replaced with a Ruger LC9 which is also a pocket pistol).

The key to how to carry is to find a comfortable rig for the pistol you shoot well and then carry it everywhere & everyday. Nothing worse than regretting not having what you need but don't have.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian

Does carrying a 3.5lb trigger bother you? What kind of holster do you use?
Nah just like the later post its smoother than the factory and I use a blackhawk serpa holster. I wont use anything that doesn't lock the pistol down. I see people with safari holsters and I don't see any locking mechanism on it and it freaks me out lol.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker
I agree with Jay, find the pistol that fits you first and then evaluate your CCW options.

I usually carry a Sig P226 in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I have found it to be the most comfortable IWB I have ever tried. My wife carries a Sig P239 also in a Crossbreed.

Although I live in an open carry state, I do have a CCW and prefer concealed. If it is too hot a day during monsoon, I'll go to a S&W Sigma 380 in a pocket holster (soon to be replaced with a Ruger LC9 which is also a pocket pistol).

The key to how to carry is to find a comfortable rig for the pistol you shoot well and then carry it everywhere & everyday. Nothing worse than regretting not having what you need but don't have.
I've been thinking about the cross breed holsters but they don't have the locks on them. I know a pawn broker that has one but he says it rubs rough on him, yes he's a big boy lol, just wondered if they rubbed everyone raw.