Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Your concealed preference??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

personally ive got 4 handguns for ccw. colt 1911 series 70 in 45acp, colt new agent in 45acp, bersa thunder 380 plus, and bersa thunder 380.

what i will carry in november will depend on how discrete i need to be.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #12

I carry a Glock 30..... which is the best of both worlds .45 in a compact frame.....

Old 08-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #13

Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I carry a Springfield Ultra Compact V-10 in 45, or a Taurus 605 snub nose in 357 in summer with light clothing and without jackets to help conceal. In weather or climate where I can where a jacket to help in concealment I opt for one of my full size or commander size 1911's in caliber larger than 9mm. just my preference. I would suggest as an overall recommendation that you carry what you are most confident and proficient in. Again just my opinion.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ruger lc9

Why not a ruger lc9?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If a given handgun doesn't feel "right" in your hands, you'll not shoot it enough to become proficient with it, because it's not comfortable, and you won't like shooting it.
Very true, though it isn't universal. I had a KelTec PF9 that felt GREAT in my hands, but I absolutely hated shooting it :P . The main problem I found was the high bore axis gave a lot of muzzle jump, causing the trigger guard to slap my trigger finger to the point of quick discomfort.

So, I'd still say research into specific models to find out things like this (I had long known that it wasn't really a "range gun," but I figured I could get through more than a magazine before my chafing finger became a distraction, heh. Plus, obviously, learning about the features of various firearms (like a safe-action Glock vs a SAO-w/ safety pistol), and learning about the advantages and disadvantages of any of those features, can't be done only by looking and handling them in gun stores.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Small pocket auto or snub nose revolver in front pocket. Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, S&W Body Guard .380, or S&W 442 would be my choices in either a quality leather pocket holster or a DeSantis Nemesis.

Compact to medium sized semi-automatic, strong side, inside the waistband carry. Glock 19 or Walther PPS would be my choices. I lightweight 1911 Commander would also be acceptable. I like Galco holsters (Galco Scout is my choice), but there are a lot of quality manufacturers out there. I like kydex or leather fit to the gun, and I do not like soft sleeve, plastic clip holsters like Uncle Mikes and Blackhawk sell.

I also like OWB belt slide holster that hold close to the body, like the Galco Avenger and the excellent Don Hume JIT Slide (best value at $25).

JIT Slide

Compact to fullsize semi-automatic pistols, in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. I have a child in diapers, and the Verispack serves double duty as a diaper bag for me. The rig has a dedicated pistol pouch, so you don't have to worry about someone seeing a gun in your bag when you're accessing other items. Maxpedition has a whole line of Verispacks, and other companies like 5.11 and US Peacekeepers make similar products.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Glock 26 on the ankle, glock 27 on the left hip, glock 34 on the right hip, glock 22 in a shoulder holster, and a glock 36(the best glock ever!) in my waist band.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I use 4 different pistols depending on what im wearing and where im going.
No particular order.
1) Kimber ultra crimson, 3 inch barrel, crimson trace grips.
2) Colt defender, 3 inch barrel
3) Glock 36, slim grip
4) Smith&Wesson bodyguard w/laser in front

Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #19
Jay

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I wouldn't change carry platforms on a frequent basis. I wouldn't like taking the chance of muscle memory not remembering which firearm I have on me at any given moment. If I need a handgun, my brain, muscles, hands and eyes know exactly what has to happen to deploy the firearm.

No right or wrong....Purely a personal choice, that's just mine.

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I carry a Glock 26 at 4:00 on a Crossbreed Supertuck. It works great and its really comfortable.