Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > yet another...what should I buy next

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1911 View Post
I have the:
Ruger SR22 x2
S&W M&P22
EAA Bounty Hunter

Had:
Walther P22 x2
Sig Mosquito
Ruger Mark III
ISSC

If you have big hands the M&P will fit the bill the best. When bought it was between it and the chiappa 1911-22. I choose the M&P because the slide stop cut out in the slide has a steel pin so less likely to wear out.

The EAA Bounty Hunter is a big heavy 9 shot cowboy gun. It is the same size as my Ruger Vaquero 44mag.

The Ruger SR22s are just like the Walther P22s in size and look but have shot all brands of ammo without being picky.
Thanks very much for this...it is hard to pass up that chiappa based solely on price but with a .22 ....def. Don't want it to wear out...cowboy style just looks cool lol...have shot the plinkerton..that's only reason its on list Bc reviews are horrible

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephMD View Post
you could go with something like a ruger mark iii or 22/45 or maybe a smith and wesson 22a
oUT of curiosity..what is the deal with the mark III...I think it is rather ungly...is it more accurate than most .22 cal.?

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Heritage Arms Rough Rider 22lr/22wmr = $200 - $250ish!

Ruger Single 10 (22lr.)/Single 9 (22wmr)/Convertible (22lr./22wmr) = $500 - $600ish!

$250 - $400 = lots o' ammo!
Saw one of these at an LGS ...thought about this one ...do you own one? Is it a better build than what the plinkerton seems to be?

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post

Saw one of these at an LGS ...thought about this one ...do you own one? Is it a better build than what the plinkerton seems to be?
Correction...meant the heritage

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

My Father's Day gift last year was a Rough Rider. Wife picked it up for $170 and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. It knocks over steel plates at 20 yards with out fail and it only took a few round to get used to the sights. You and your wallet will be happy.

forumrunner_20130317_172531.jpg  

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll13 View Post
My Father's Day gift last year was a Rough Rider. Wife picked it up for $170 and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. It knocks over steel plates at 20 yards with out fail and it only took a few round to get used to the sights. You and your wallet will be happy.
Thanks for the info...good to know!

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #17

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Phoenix HP22A

Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #18

Toll,

I purchased the heritage arms..great little shooter and will serve the exact purpose that I need. Could not ask fire a better price foe that it is either!

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
oUT of curiosity..what is the deal with the mark III...I think it is rather ungly...is it more accurate than most .22 cal.?
It is just a good target shooter, but it does have a unique look. The Mark III comes in many different flavors. I've put about 50 rounds through a friends Target model.

Of those Rugers, I prefer the 22/45 Target, I think it makes a better pistol for practice that translates to larger hand guns.

J

Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #20

Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Ruger 22/45 5000 rds through mine without a hiccup

Last edited by kiabe1; 03-25-2013 at 04:01 AM.