YEAH I'm going there :D - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > YEAH I'm going there :D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 04:09 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Jusselin'

Agree with Cane, you are doing just fine.

For a good quality 1911 for the money look for a Dan Wesson.

· Round top slide with fixed 3 dot tritium night sights
· Forged, one piece match grade barrel and bushing.
· Ed Brown Bobtail mainspring housing
· 20 LPI checkered front strap
· Hand polished flat surfaces with contrasting bead blasted rounds
· Beveled magwell
· All sharp edges dehorned by hand
· Lowered and flared ejection port
· Ed Brown memory groove grip safety
· Ed Brown slide stop
· Tactical, extended thumb safety
· Commander style match hammer
· Match grade sear
· Aluminum trigger with stainless bow
· Extended serrated magazine catch
· Wolff springs used exclusively
· Diamond checkered coco-bolo grips
· Tuned, machined, internal extractor
· Test fired for reliability
· 34 ounces unloaded
For $1k or less!! try to beat it!
wow i am not gunna lie out of all the pics i have seen of the 1911's that is the most impressive in my eyes...just a visual, it looks cool

Old 10-19-2009, 05:30 AM   #42
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I honestly believe most experienced shooter's will say the 1911 platform is what all semi auto handguns are measured to and for good reason. Most but not all 1911's are considered very accurate, smoth action and very realiable. Like with all handguns with similar features you get what you pay for when it comes to choosing a 1911. I use to own a Kimber Eclipse and with out question was the finest shooting semi auto I have ever owned.

With that said I didn't carry the pistol often, I expect I could have gotten use to carrying it but just didn't. I spent a lot of time finding what fits me best for daily carry and found the S&W M&P 45. IMO it has the feel of a 1911 and fits me better. I believe I gave up a little but if I will carry it every day then it's a fair trade off. Still adding a good quality 1911 to my modest collection is something I will do in the future simply because they are truly the finest semi auto available to us mortals.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #43

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Jack (IGETEVEN) stated that it was a nice S&W (smith and wesson). It'a a Taurus.

that is all........
Ok, Goju it is a Taurus. Sorry my mistake for not looking at the picture closely. Maybe I do need some glasses or I am still hungover.

Usually the Taurus .44 mags I have seen have Raging Bull printed on the side of the barrel and a blended in rail. I have seen 629's with added rails also. Thank you for pointing that out, several times, it was a Taurus. I will flog myself later Goju, Geezzz

Jack
taurus.jpg   170323_large.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 10-19-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
LOL - Rust free diet and coating your hands in rubber cement is a great start for you Captain Rustoleum.....

There is another company that makes a really good coating. I saw it for the first time like a week ago and it was only $200. I will get you the name of the company, I can't remember it at the moment.

JD
I would seriously be intersted in other options, so far robar is the only one I've found that offers what I want.

I found out that the reason some people make things rust when they touch them is because of their ph levels, typically they are acidic. I've also heard if you lower your sodium intake it helps so....I've started some suppliments to help balance my ph and reduced my salt use which is hard because I never used much salt.

Oh yeah, rustiness is also seen in heavy beer drinkers. Heavy, cheap beer drinkers so stay away from the King Cobras and Colt 45's.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #45

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

The 1911 is a pistol design that has been around since 1890 something

I'm a relative newb here and not trying to wear out my welcome but hasn't the 1911 been around since ummm....1911?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #46

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post

I'm a relative newb here and not trying to wear out my welcome but hasn't the 1911 been around since ummm....1911?
I thought that once, too.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Actually, it was adopted by the U.S. Military in 1911. It was developed some years before that.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #48

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post

Yeah. A lot of people make that mistake. The initial design of the pistol that would be come the 1911, was designed, and first produced in like 1894 by John Moses Browning. *respect*

The pistol saw a period of testing and trials over a decade and was adopted by the US Military in 1911 and issued in 1912, I believe. But it was officially designed a 1911 because of the year the military said it was good to go.

No harm, a lot of people don't know the history of such a magnificient weapon...

JD

Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #49

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The spear has been around longer, but I don't use one. I'm just sayin'......

The 1911 is an awesome design, period. There's no need to rave about how long it has been around. Many people in the martial arts community rave about their lineage or how long their particular art has been around and that's why it is th3 ult1m4t3 on th3 st43ets!!! Please.............