YEAH I'm going there :D - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > YEAH I'm going there :D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Click on this link, and it'll explain it better than I can.

Products & Services

In a nutshell, you can have multiple different setups for your modular trigger assembly (i.e. smaller barrel/frame for concealed carry, and a larger barrel/frame for home defense duty).

Old 10-18-2009, 04:07 AM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Just askin', but you got tilt steering? No reason.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Click on this link, and it'll explain it better than I can.

Products & Services

In a nutshell, you can have multiple different setups for your modular trigger assembly (i.e. smaller barrel/frame for concealed carry, and a larger barrel/frame for home defense duty).
thank you i will read up
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Just askin', but you got tilt steering? No reason.
and yes i am fat if that is what you are getting at

Old 10-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
We all started with that thought. When we were young and new everything.

Who needs a single action pistol?

It only holds 8 rounds?!?!

It's 100 year old design and everyone knows there isn't anything that was built in that time that wasn't improved.

It's for old guys and people who aren't in tune with the dangers of today.

Then we got a little older. Then we started doing a little reading. Gaining insight from people who have walked hundreds of miles in shoes none of us would ever WANT to be in.

We learned about the history of guys like Cooper, Ayoob, Vickers and Lee Haney. We read up on police departments dumping their tacti-cool pistols and going back to the 1911 design.

Slowly, we start to question what we "know" and being to embrace what others have been preaching.

Bottom line - you and Gojo aren't ready yet. Eventually, you will be, but right now, you are still invincible and you still know everything....

JD
Does that mean I was ready?? I did start my rust free diet this weekend and planning on some robar coatings, probably after Christmas.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #25

here are some better pictures

Old 10-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #26

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
1911's are great guns, but not everyone prefers them. I have a hard time giving the money they want for them, but one day I will anyway. My friend has a Taurus 1911 in .45acp, he paid $800 for it. I paid $550 for my CZ 75B and I am more accurate with it and it feels better to me.
The higher end 1911's will be more accurate with practice than my CZ I'm almost sure of it.

1911's are also single action only, which I do not like. To carry a 1911 you have to performa an action after you draw. You'll either have to switch the safety or cock the hammer depending on how you carry. I prefer to pull and shoot if I have to. I can do that with the xd safely with one in the pipe.

Go to the range and handle a 1911, shoot a 1911,etc...just remember there are other platforms out there as well.
I used to have a Taurus 1911 .45 ACP stainless that I bought NIB for $649. A great value, IMO.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As a recent inductee into the 1911 clan, I have to say it is by far my favorite gun to shoot right now. I went with the Para Ordinance GI Expert. I got it locally for $465 NIB. The only thing I've done so far is change the grips (it comes with hard plastic panels) and add a couple Chip McCormick 10 rnd. mags. So far I don't carry it, I'm not quite comfortable with carrying cocked & locked yet.

Nice job on the 44 mag, I have a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull. I know what you mean about the look of a big bad wheel gun. I love the reaction I get when I pull that beast out of the case. I always say it's the gun that gives Dirty Harry penis envy.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #28

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Does that mean I was ready?? I did start my rust free diet this weekend and planning on some robar coatings, probably after Christmas.
LOL - Rust free diet and coating your hands in rubber cement is a great start for you Captain Rustoleum.....

There is another company that makes a really good coating. I saw it for the first time like a week ago and it was only $200. I will get you the name of the company, I can't remember it at the moment.

JD

Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #29

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default It is a Taurus+it is ported.:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Nice and reliable stainless 629 ya got there. Are ya gonna scope it or magnaport it?

Jack
Jack, put your glasses on before the S&W fans hit you!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
We all started with that thought. When we were young and new everything.

Who needs a single action pistol?

It only holds 8 rounds?!?!

It's 100 year old design and everyone knows there isn't anything that was built in that time that wasn't improved.

It's for old guys and people who aren't in tune with the dangers of today.

Then we got a little older. Then we started doing a little reading. Gaining insight from people who have walked hundreds of miles in shoes none of us would ever WANT to be in.

We learned about the history of guys like Cooper, Ayoob, Vickers and Lee Haney. We read up on police departments dumping their tacti-cool pistols and going back to the 1911 design.
I still see no good argument for the design OVER the others out there besides the trigger.
I'll bet you a dollar that more people are killed every year defensively with OTHER platforms than a 1911.

Quote:
Slowly, we start to question what we "know" and being to embrace what others have been preaching.

Bottom line - you and Goju aren't ready yet. Eventually, you will be, but right now, you are still invincible and you still know everything....

JD
Thanks for the slight, you're really up on it.

Pathetic that some of you guys must act this way toward people that question the almighty 1911 you worship so much.