Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > YEAH I'm going there :D

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I second ktm's offer of "get your bugger picker off the trigger". Well, he did not say 'bugger picker" but I did. Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to destroy something in a safe manner.

Single action revolvers require the shooter to cock the hammer in order to fire the pistol. Double action revolvers can be fired with the hammer cocked or not. Just pull the trigger.

The 1911 is a pistol design that has been around since 1890 something...Good ones have great triggers and very fast action. The are great shooters and good for carry because of the slim design.

May I ask what you bought that revolver for?

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by Dillinger; 10-17-2009 at 11:18 PM.
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jusselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Bottom line - you and Gojo aren't ready yet. Eventually, you will be, but right now, you are still invincible and you still know everything....

JD
no bottom line is you obviously have no clue as to how serious of a question this was, i never said i was "ready" or i "Knew everything" i was honestly just asking what was so cool about the pistol
__________________
Jusselin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jusselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
Nice firearm purchase. BUT do yourself a favor and get some practice in and god dam man get yer finger off the trigger unless you have yer sights on something and are ready to shoot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never even put yer finger in there til you are !!!!!!!!! And from the looks of your picture you are sitting in a vehicle so I doubt you are ready to shoot, unless you are in a prius than maybe you are and my apologies .. but looks to me like yer sittin in a ford pick up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
... and it looks like muzzle is pointed at the passengers knee, if thats a leg in the lower right corner of pic
haha yeah guys i know i need trigger finger discipline, and yeah it was a quick snap shot of it right in the parkinglot of where i bought it
__________________
Jusselin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jusselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I second ktm's offer of "get your bugger picker off the trigger". Well, he did not say 'bugger picker" but I did. Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to destroy something in a safe manner.

Single action revolvers require the shooter to cock the hammer in order to fire the pistol. Double action revolvers can be fired with the hammer cocked or not. Just pull the trigger.

The 1911 is a pistol design that has been around since 1890 something...Good ones have great triggers and very fast action. The are great shooters and good for carry because of the slim design.

May I ask what you bought that revolver for?
i bought the revolver mostly for its looks and to add to my collection, collecting pistols and understanding them have become a hobby of mine, and well, that pistol just looks intimidating to me and i wanted it, so i got it my next purchase will more that likely be a 191 just not sure which one, that is why i am doing the research now on it
__________________
Jusselin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
no bottom line is you obviously have no clue as to how serious of a question this was, i never said i was "ready" or i "Knew everything" i was honestly just asking what was so cool about the pistol
I'll tell you what's so cool about a 1911, it's a gun that would never be caught DEAD in the hands of someone wearing those pants! Or are those PJ's?
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by Dillinger; 10-18-2009 at 01:12 AM.
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'll tell you what's so cool about a 1911, it's a gun that would never be caught DEAD in the hands of someone wearing those pants! Or are those PJ's?
LMFAO!!!

Quoted for Truth right there....

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:04 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ktmboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Steep Falls,Maine
Posts: 1,210
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'll tell you what's so cool about a 1911, it's a gun that would never be caught DEAD in the hands of someone wearing those pants! Or are those PJ's?
Thank you cane,, I now get to clean a good coating of bud lt off my desk again
__________________
ktmboyz is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Congratulations on your purchase of a good revolver. You made a good choice.

If haven't done so already, give it a good cleaning before you take it to the range for the first time.

With the ownership of a Taurus and a Sig Sauer, I'd say you have your bases covered in the handgun department.

Since your Sig P250 is completely modular, have you thought about purchasing different upper/lower receiver combinations for it?

__________________
"TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAVE."
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jusselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Since your Sig P250 is completely modular, have you thought about purchasing different upper/lower receiver combinations for it?
i am so very ready for you to educate me more on this sir i am down for upgrades any time
__________________
Jusselin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jusselin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'll tell you what's so cool about a 1911, it's a gun that would never be caught DEAD in the hands of someone wearing those pants! Or are those PJ's?
yeah PJ type shorts just something comfy to wear to the store and back and around the house
__________________
Jusselin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Yeah, but you want it anyway... Benning Boy The Club House 28 10-04-2009 08:06 PM
Hot or Not? Yeah, The Forum Game Dillinger The Club House 221 09-14-2009 11:44 PM
Yeah, he really did it... GHOSTSSX The Club House 13 05-25-2009 02:06 PM
Happy Easter gentlemen (yeah, the rest of you too...) Slawth The Club House 7 04-13-2009 01:28 AM