Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > XS Big Dot on a Pistol ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
My rear sight does have tritium in it so night or day the sights are visible. For self defense I stand by them as the front sight is paramount. It's not intended to be a target sight but with practice you can get good groups with them.
+1

I think that the sights designed for larger frames have tritium in both front and rear.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #12

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Thanks for the input guys.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'll back up some of the other responses. I have them on my Bodyguard .380. VERY quick sight acquisition. They are not as accurate at the range, because of the design. It takes a lot of concentration to get the same accuracy as the factory sights, because it's too easy to be off just a little bit with that rear sight line.

But this isn't a range gun. For a self defense gun in low light, where you'll be at relatively close distances, it's a great choice. It's frustrating at the range, but I'm keeping them on the gun. The good outweighs the bad for me.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #14

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Thanks Tom, my CZ was manufactured as a combat side arm and I bought it as a do all go everywhere get beat up personal defense weapon. Problem is that it happens to be a kick ass range gun with kick ass accuracy and part of me doesn’t want to mess with that. I will give XS a go soon.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 347 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 593

I've installed a couple of these onto customer's pistols and they look pretty sweet. The customers love them but they do take some getting used to. XS Sights does have great customer service and are located in Texas.

NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have no idea but someone raped that poor xd's grip with a soldering gun on that website picture.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #17

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I didn't see an XD on that site. Just a smith m&p with stippled grips. ?????

spit hell fire

Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Thanks Tom, my CZ was manufactured as a combat side arm and I bought it as a do all go everywhere get beat up personal defense weapon. Problem is that it happens to be a kick ass range gun with kick ass accuracy and part of me doesn’t want to mess with that. I will give XS a go soon.
Try them. If you don't like them, try something else.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I put a set on one of my carry guns, Glock 27.

You do have to get used to covering your target with the dot. Also, I've noticed that I tend to shoot high or low because of looking around the sight instead of trusting it. I have not carried it live yet. Still working out the bugs. I want total confidence when "Going Live."