Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Xmas present I won over my anti-gun mother in law (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/xmas-present-i-won-over-my-anti-gun-mother-law-79457/)

Gert999 12-26-2012 03:44 PM

Xmas present I won over my anti-gun mother in law
 
My mother in law never cared for guns, her sister almost got shot by a drunk ex husband. She never got on my case about my guns, "once shown they were all secured". We were talking on x-mas and she's finnaly gonna come to the range with the family and me :D She even got me a gun case for x mas wich is way better then the usual shaving kit :cool: can't wait for spring to show her how much fun firearms can be ;)

Axxe55 12-26-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert999 (Post 1066874)
My mother in law never cared for guns, her sister almost got shot by a drunk ex husband. She never got on my case about my guns, "once shown they were all secured". We were talking on x-mas and she's finnaly gonna come to the range with the family and me :D She even got me a gun case for x mas wich is way better then the usual shaving kit :cool: can't wait for spring to show her how much fun firearms can be ;)

be responsible and start her out by showing her and explaining the rules of safety. being responsible and putting safety first will improve her reaction to firearms.

HOSSFLY 12-26-2012 04:04 PM

Kool- one little step at a time ;)

mudpupp 12-26-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert999
My mother in law never cared for guns, her sister almost got shot by a drunk ex husband. She never got on my case about my guns, "once shown they were all secured". We were talking on x-mas and she's finnaly gonna come to the range with the family and me :D She even got me a gun case for x mas wich is way better then the usual shaving kit :cool: can't wait for spring to show her how much fun firearms can be ;)

As much fun as it is to give a MIL a .357 mag slipped in when you have them shooting .38's, keep her shooting the smallest caliber you have till she is hooked.

Leave the wife at home

Have fun

JonM 12-26-2012 11:06 PM

please dont let her shoot anything but a 22lr rifle or 22lr decent sized handgun like a ruger mk3 or something along those lines. nothing unpleasent. letting a new person shoot a 500sw or a small pocket rocket like a lcr/lcp as their first experience confirms that guns are "bad" in their limited experience

BeyondTheBox 12-27-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1067332)
please dont let her shoot anything but a 22lr rifle or 22lr decent sized handgun like a ruger mk3 or something along those lines. nothing unpleasent. letting a new person shoot a 500sw or a small pocket rocket like a lcr/lcp as their first experience confirms that guns are "bad" in their limited experience

Probably very sound advice, this!

jjfuller1 12-27-2012 12:31 AM

Also ask if after shooting a 22 a bit if she cares to try an AR. That's the rifle that converted my wife. Good luck

Gert999 12-27-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1066877)
be responsible and start her out by showing her and explaining the rules of safety. being responsible and putting safety first will improve her reaction to firearms.

As much fun as it is to give a MIL a .357 mag slipped in when you have them shooting .38's, keep her shooting the smallest caliber you have till she is hooked

Most def first thing i told her was i already have enough safty gear for everybody, and she has 2 .22 rifles and a .22 revolver till she is ready for something bigger :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.