Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > XDs or Glocks

View Poll Results: So what one do you like?
XDs 92 30.07%
Glocks 91 29.74%
anything but one of those 123 40.20%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

This thread is sort of old. Well to answer the OP's question. I think both are great firearms but for concealment, I would choose the baby glocks. The XD's just seem to bulky to carry on myself. Other than that no big difference to me!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #132

Default And the winner is.......

XD's freeze while Glocks rock!!! Just kidding, really it is like comparing apples to apples; even though i give Glocks the edge. Hey to each its own, some folks will choose anything over a Glock just because they dont like them. Everything negative i hear about a Glock is all personal preference. Quietly, the XD bit its design off Glock. I swear when i first got into firearms, when i saw a XD, i mistaked it for a Glock. With that being said, if Glocks were not around, i would have a XD or M&P.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #133

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDJ77 View Post
XD's freeze while Glocks rock!!! Just kidding, really it is like comparing apples to apples; even though i give Glocks the edge. Hey to each its own, some folks will choose anything over a Glock just because they dont like them. Everything negative i hear about a Glock is all personal preference. Quietly, the XD bit its design off Glock. I swear when i first got into firearms, when i saw a XD, i mistaked it for a Glock. With that being said, if Glocks were not around, i would have a XD or M&P.
In my opinion, the XD(m) is a Glock combined with a 1911, functional, reliable, good looking, and has the grip saftey (which I like).

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 08-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #134

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
at least an XD is safe to shoot out of the box.....you have to put a heat treated barrel in a Glock to make it safe from KB's !

XD has a better trigger, the grip safety is a plus AND not having to pull the trigger to disassemble is a REAL plus !

My vote : XD .......and especially XDM...nice shootin iron !
Wow...really...I have to replace my factory Glock 19 Gen 2 barrel with 250,000+ rounds through it because is isn't safe? Man I am glad you told me before I shot another 250,000 rounds through it!

Where DO these rumors get started?

Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #135

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
In my opinion, the XD(m) is a Glock combined with a 1911, functional, reliable, good looking, and has the grip saftey (which I like).
XD is a damned good pistol, there's no doubt about it. That can also be said of the M&P and the Ruger SR pistols. You'll be well served by any of them. Glock just works best for ME.

I still love my 1911's, but even my high-end 1911's can't even get into the same ballpark of reliability as a Glock...so while I will still own and shoot 1911's, I don't trust one enough to carry one (Which I did in the late 80's as a duty gun). The only other sidearm I consider AS reliable as a Glock across the whole spectrum of uses and needs is a Smith & Wesson revolver. The XD platform is arguably just as reliable, but I don't have the range time with an XD that I do with a Glock or Smith wheelie, so I won't take the same stand for that pistol as I will for the Glock.

Would I carry an XD? Yes, but only if a Glock weren't an option. You can be sure I'd spend a ton of time and ammo on learning that gun.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge....take your pick. Use what works for YOU.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #136

I'm sorry th xd are great but the glockz have proven them selves on war so I go with glock

Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #137

Hmm guns and ammo did a 20,000 round torture test on the XD at which time it was only cleaned with CLP at 10,500 rounds and at 17,000 rounds BEFORE it was even put thru glocks "torture" test and never failed to fire or eject. that and all the internals are machined from billet forgings along with the slide then melonited,, yea think I'll take the xd

Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #138

I like the XD's.good firearm ,good price.I also got to shoot next to Rob Leatham and watched what a great shooter could do with an XD. Amazing