XDs or Glocks
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > XDs or Glocks

View Poll Results: So what one do you like?
XDs 92 30.07%
Glocks 91 29.74%
anything but one of those 123 40.20%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDs or Glocks

So what one do you like?

American Gun Owners To bring Gun owners all across America together for Debates and Discussions:
www.americangunowners.net

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #2

at least an XD is safe to shoot out of the box.....you have to put a heat treated barrel in a Glock to make it safe from KB's !

XD has a better trigger, the grip safety is a plus AND not having to pull the trigger to disassemble is a REAL plus !

My vote : XD .......and especially XDM...nice shootin iron !

Old 08-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't personally care for either. That said, I believe the XD is the better of the two offered up pieces.

Come talk to me in another 80 years when one of them makes their Centennial Edition.

JD

Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #4

I say Glock, not that there is anything wrong with XD's. I just prefer the feel of a Glock and I shoot it much better. Chances are most of you would not like the same women as me either. So to each their own.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
I say Glock, not that there is anything wrong with XD's. I just prefer the feel of a Glock and I shoot it much better. Chances are most of you would not like the same women as me either. So to each their own.
i'm with iloveguns
XD have always been a little bulky and ugly to me...
ok so the glock isn't pretty either but in the end i'd choose the glock

Old 08-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If it's not a 1911, it's just plastic.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
at least an XD is safe to shoot out of the box ..... you have to put a heat treated barrel in a Glock to make it safe from KB's !

XD has a better trigger, the grip safety is a plus AND not having to pull the trigger to disassemble is a REAL plus !

My vote : XD ....... and especially XDM ... nice shootin iron!
As anyone who knows me well could tell you: I ain't no Kool-Aid drinker. I, quite possibly, hold some kind of record for arguing more often with more mindless Glockaholics over at Glock Talk than ANY of the other regular posters.

This, now, being said: I want you to know that I think you should get some kind of award for the most misinformed bull-hooey post I have ever read - on any website, anywhere - disparaging a Glock.

'Heat treated barrel' to make a Glock safe? Wow, that is truly inspired bull crap! 'The XD has a better trigger?' EVEN SPRINGFIELD KNOWS THAT ISN'T TRUE! Otherwise they wouldn't be charging an extra $150.00 in order to bring the stock XD trigger up to Glock's factory standard performance.

I'd like to know what's so great about a pistol with plastic slide rails, a bore axis high enough to give you a nose bleed, and expensive MANDATORY FACTORY SERVICE on the XD's constantly expanding load of superfluous gizmos. Every time something breaks, and you need to get it repaired, Springfield gets to hose you down just like the oil companies! So go ahead, tell me what's so great?

If you're going to BS people on the internet, at least, calm down your vivid imagination and come up with stuff that sounds a whole lot more believable!

Last edited by G21.45; 08-08-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #8

If is was going for a 45 I would choose an XD. If the SHTF I would go for a Glock, any Glock. Just because parts are largely available for Glocks and they really will eat any ammo you put in it.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #9

im not to familiar with the XDs but i have shot a G17 and i love the feel of it...its so crisp..but the acuracy to me isnt as good as the M92f...

Old 08-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I don't personally care for either. That said, I believe the XD is the better of the two offered up pieces.

Come talk to me in another 80 years when one of them makes their Centennial Edition.

JD
+10, I don't care for either choice as well. Of the two offered up... I'll take a bag of rocks.