Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   XDs or Glocks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/xds-glocks-6110/)

XDGirl 08-08-2008 08:37 AM

XDs or Glocks
 
So what one do you like?

Dgunsmith 08-08-2008 02:14 PM

at least an XD is safe to shoot out of the box.....you have to put a heat treated barrel in a Glock to make it safe from KB's !

XD has a better trigger, the grip safety is a plus AND not having to pull the trigger to disassemble is a REAL plus !

My vote : XD .......and especially XDM...nice shootin iron !:eek:

Dillinger 08-08-2008 02:58 PM

I don't personally care for either. That said, I believe the XD is the better of the two offered up pieces.

Come talk to me in another 80 years when one of them makes their Centennial Edition. :cool:

JD

iloveguns 08-08-2008 03:06 PM

I say Glock, not that there is anything wrong with XD's. I just prefer the feel of a Glock and I shoot it much better. Chances are most of you would not like the same women as me either. So to each their own.:D

junho806 08-08-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveguns (Post 35311)
I say Glock, not that there is anything wrong with XD's. I just prefer the feel of a Glock and I shoot it much better. Chances are most of you would not like the same women as me either. So to each their own.:D

i'm with iloveguns
XD have always been a little bulky and ugly to me...
ok so the glock isn't pretty either but in the end i'd choose the glock
:D

matt g 08-08-2008 05:03 PM

If it's not a 1911, it's just plastic.

G21.45 08-08-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgunsmith (Post 35295)
at least an XD is safe to shoot out of the box ..... you have to put a heat treated barrel in a Glock to make it safe from KB's !

XD has a better trigger, the grip safety is a plus AND not having to pull the trigger to disassemble is a REAL plus !

My vote : XD ....... and especially XDM ... nice shootin iron!

:rolleyes: As anyone who knows me well could tell you: I ain't no Kool-Aid drinker. I, quite possibly, hold some kind of record for arguing more often with more mindless Glockaholics over at Glock Talk than ANY of the other regular posters.

This, now, being said: I want you to know that I think you should get some kind of award for the most misinformed bull-hooey post I have ever read - on any website, anywhere - disparaging a Glock. :mad:

'Heat treated barrel' to make a Glock safe? Wow, that is truly inspired bull crap! 'The XD has a better trigger?' EVEN SPRINGFIELD KNOWS THAT ISN'T TRUE! Otherwise they wouldn't be charging an extra $150.00 in order to bring the stock XD trigger up to Glock's factory standard performance.

I'd like to know what's so great about a pistol with plastic slide rails, a bore axis high enough to give you a nose bleed, and expensive MANDATORY FACTORY SERVICE on the XD's constantly expanding load of superfluous gizmos. Every time something breaks, and you need to get it repaired, Springfield gets to hose you down just like the oil companies! So go ahead, tell me what's so great?

If you're going to BS people on the internet, at least, calm down your vivid imagination and come up with stuff that sounds a whole lot more believable! :p

Landor 08-28-2008 01:08 AM

If is was going for a 45 I would choose an XD. If the SHTF I would go for a Glock, any Glock. Just because parts are largely available for Glocks and they really will eat any ammo you put in it.

jerzyballer973 08-29-2008 05:49 AM

im not to familiar with the XDs but i have shot a G17 and i love the feel of it...its so crisp..but the acuracy to me isnt as good as the M92f...

Mark F 08-29-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 35302)
I don't personally care for either. That said, I believe the XD is the better of the two offered up pieces.

Come talk to me in another 80 years when one of them makes their Centennial Edition. :cool:

JD

+10, I don't care for either choice as well. Of the two offered up... I'll take a bag of rocks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.