WOW a .22 did that?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > WOW a .22 did that?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default WOW a .22 did that?

This past weekend I was up at my parents farm house. My dad had shot at a skunk with his .22 pistol the weekend before. They have an old united van lines trailer for storage. When I was up there we found a hole in it from that shooting. It had bounced off of the ground (from the hole you could tell it came in sideways and there was no way he would of shot that high) then went through the steel shell of the trailer then through the 1x12 wood inside then through 8 peices of heavy cardboard and finally lodged in the other side of the trailer. I knew a .22 was bad about bouncing but had no idea it still had that much force behind it. One round that went through anouther barn barely missed my old truck that was stored there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Sometime you start to think of a .22 as a weak cartridge or even a toy although it is still gun and has such a large amount of force behind it. It is amazing at what things so small can do.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.