Would if you could? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Would if you could?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman77 View Post
I've carried my glock with a 3.5 lb trigger chambered and haven't shot myself. Leather IWB galco.
Same for me. I had the 3.5 trigger job just a couple months after I bought it all those years ago, and I carried for several years without loosing any toes.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Well, there are some people that probably shouldn't have a gun lacking a safety. I have had a Glock for over 10 years, and never experienced an AD.

I'm thinking you meant to say you are "sort of in the middle...." If so, I can see your position. NYC did the same thing to their Glocks, hence why they have teh NY1 (I think that's what it's called) trigger for Glocks. I believe they have an NY2 as well, both of which increase trigger pull weight to reduce potential AD's.

And I misstated the safety on my 938. It's not a slide lock, it's a hammer lock that is located in the same place and looks the same as a slide lock feature.
Yeah, I'm really dissatisfied with these "smartphone" keyboards, with their auto fill and auto correct functions.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
As many of you have stated, I also am not a big fan of so called "safeties."

On a SA, like a 1911, the thumb safety is necessary. On DA no safety makes any sense to me. The long heavy DA trigger pull is the safety.

And magazine disconnectors make no sense on any weapon.

The only REAL safety is behind your eyeballs.
Sorry. Had to do it.
image-1517669883.jpg  

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have 8 handguns. Only two have the same order of safety because one is simply the smaller CC of an already CC style. My biggest challenge is remembering which one is which. I absolutely believe in muscle memory but when I change guns to two that are close in style I find myself nearly making the mistake of going off-safe when I should be doing the opposite. Or, forgetting that one safety is up and the other is down..., and it gets confusing. I guess the best thing to do is get rid of all but two. Huh?

Old 05-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #55

Liked 2495 Times on 1423 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman77 View Post
I've carried my glock with a 3.5 lb trigger chambered and haven't shot myself. Leather IWB galco.
Well, maybe if Glock is going to so arrogantly ignore all reasonable

safety paradigms, to the point a where a syndrome is named after the

brand, perhaps they should issue a leather IWB Galco, and some Kevlar

underwear, with each purchase. I could do this all decade...

Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #56

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

I think there are some misconceptions here. All modern firearms have safety systems built into them. A "safety" does not,by any definition, absolutely have to be a 1 inch long metal switch you have to move in order to allow the trigger to move.

All firearms require one thing and one thing only to fire. A full pull, to the rear, until the trigger "breaks" and the round is fired.

Anyone who claims that one type over another is more/less effective needs more education in how a fire arm works.

Simple facts. Education will teach physics. Physics show that triggers just don't pull themselves. For some reason this is misunderstood.

I guess on a very related note. Seriously who doesn't understand "finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire"? Hammer, internal sear, firing pin, hard metal rod, whatever, the gun won't fire(again for the guys that don't remember more than 4 words at a time-who gets that joke?- modern firearms is what we are talking about) can not fire unless the trigger is depressed fully to the rear. People who shoot themselves in the leg don't follow this simple rule. Kind of gun doesn't matter. The trigger actuator does(yep another joke).

And that was not meant to insult anyone. Hurt feelings. Or Create a rub in nether regions. It is a prompt to learn something if you haven't educated yourself. We are all capable of learning anything. We have but to use the will power to swallow the "manly" I know everything pride and face the fact we have to learn something new.

So if you hear something and want to form an opinion. Look it up. Find out the real facts. Then judge. Personal preference and psychology will always effect our decisions. But at least there will be knowledge and (hopefully) understanding behind it.

Last edited by activereality; 05-11-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I asked 8 ER docs if they knew what Glock leg was. None of them did. I asked the same 8 ER docs what was the most common self-inflicted gun shot wound they see in the ER. Five said nothing jumped out at them, 3 said a .22 rifle.

For the record, when you blow a hole in your foot or add another crack to your butt it isn't an accidental discharge. It's a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Let's put the blame where it belongs. Enough of this politically correct bull crap and trying to blame the tool for the owner's carelessness.

I posted earlier in this thread about my experience with an XD grip safety. The only thing that kept me from having "XD Leg" was the fact that I cleared the firearm before I tried out a new piece of equipment. I would say it's common sense, but apparently it isn't. It's not the Glock, it's not the XD, and in the judge's case it wasn't the revolver. It's owner carelessness and stupidity.

Remember the, "Guns don't kill people. People kill people" statement? How can you self-righteous fanboys blame a firearm for an AD, yet exonerate the firearm when defending gun ownership to the anti's? It's the same firearm. Nothing has changed. It makes no difference at all what brand or style of firearm it is. Until you add a dose of human stupidity or human aggression to the mix nothing bad will happen.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #58

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

I prefer ND. Negligent discharge. Placing blame in that irresponsible party for handling a gun in an idiotic manner. AD somehow makes it seem like they were surprised when the booger hook made the bang stick make an owie in their foot.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
I prefer ND. Negligent discharge. Placing blame in that irresponsible party for handling a gun in an idiotic manner. AD somehow makes it seem like they were surprised when the booger hook made the bang stick make an owie in their foot.
From a civilian point of view I can agree with your preference. On my run reports, the hospital chart, and the police reports, if there was evidence or testimony to support it we called it self inflicted. With our terminology it could have been intentional or not, which many could consider a fault, but you have to admit either one is pretty stupid.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #60

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

[/QUOTE]Anyone who claims that one type over another is more/less effective needs more education in how a fire arm works.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^ Amen

Jim