Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Would if you could?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I have some older long guns, early 1900's to mid 1900's wish I could have them restored to original finish. I know it's bad for value and removes the character, but they'd be ready for another 50, 60 or 100 years and then they'd have my chr..
I love them the way they are but would love to them in their original states..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #42

Liked 2205 Times on 1266 Posts
Likes Given: 1791

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Wolf that's still a fault of the user, not the Glock. that was the point that Greg was making. all the safeties or lack of will not compensate for a user not practicing safe firearms handling.
Well, then, why isn't there a syndrome, known as

"1911 leg" or "Beretta leg" ?

Yes, race fans, the redundant safeties on these platforms
save us from ourselves.
And, IMO, this is a sad, perhaps
unfortunate, but very embraceable truth...

Old 05-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #43

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

If you shoot yourself in the leg with any gun you shouldn't own or carry one. It just shows a lack of common sense.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman77 View Post
If you shoot yourself in the leg with any gun you shouldn't own or carry one. It just shows a lack of common sense.
Because of the redundant safeties, thousands of 1911 and 92FS users

never did shoot themselves in the leg.

Since they'll never stuff a Glock down their pants, we'll never

find out who they are, will we?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
What, if anything, would you do to your gun(s) were it possible or cost effective enough to do so?

I'd have heavier triggers put in. I don't like how light my SAO triggers are. Even with manual safety engaged I feel like they could go off just by looking at them. Obvious exaggeration, but I'm an exaggerana and it makes its point.

Not sure what they are currently being decade old, but came stock with 7.5lb triggers. If that's what they are I want 12-14lb!
I find excessive safeties to be nothing more than a system of delay when speed is of the essence. I actually choose my carry weapons based on the most simplistic or even nonexistent safety features. My P938 has only the slide lock feature which is simple enough for even a child, though I don't always even use it. The Glock is the same, that little "trigger safety" being basically a safety less weapon. I install lighter triggers for faster trigger action and less chance of anticipation pull. But I understand others desires for heavier triggers and more mechanisms. Anything I could change? Perhaps an easier to load higher capacity mag that doesn't protrude out the bottom of the frame.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I find excessive safeties to be nothing more than a system of delay when speed is of the essence. I actually choose my carry weapons based on the most simplistic or even nonexistent safety features. My P938 has only the slide lock feature which is simple enough for even a child, though I don't always even use it. The Glock is the same, that little "trigger safety" being basically a safety less weapon. I install lighter triggers for faster trigger action and less chance of anticipation pull. But I understand others desires for heavier triggers and more mechanisms. Anything I could change? Perhaps an easier to load higher capacity mag that doesn't protrude out the bottom of the frame.
All the Glock owners who shot themselves

chose a pistol the exact same way.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #47

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post

I'm sorry of in the middle of what you describe. I want the heavier trivets so I don't have to use my safeties anymore. I'm starting to resent them!

Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

Well, there are some people that probably shouldn't have a gun lacking a safety. I have had a Glock for over 10 years, and never experienced an AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I'm sorry of in the middle of what you describe. I want the heavier trivets so I don't have to use my safeties anymore. I'm starting to resent them!
I'm thinking you meant to say you are "sort of in the middle...." If so, I can see your position. NYC did the same thing to their Glocks, hence why they have teh NY1 (I think that's what it's called) trigger for Glocks. I believe they have an NY2 as well, both of which increase trigger pull weight to reduce potential AD's.

And I misstated the safety on my 938. It's not a slide lock, it's a hammer lock that is located in the same place and looks the same as a slide lock feature.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Last edited by GeneralPatton; 05-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

Because of the redundant safeties, thousands of 1911 and 92FS users

never did shoot themselves in the leg.

Since they'll never stuff a Glock down their pants, we'll never

find out who they are, will we?
I personally know someone who shot himself in the leg with a 1911. Granted he is and idiot but any safety does not guarantee all users will safely operate a firearm.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

I've carried my glock with a 3.5 lb trigger chambered and haven't shot myself. Leather IWB galco.